1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Aftershave/deodorant shelf life?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by BjornH, Mar 20, 2005.

1. BjornH

BjornH Well-Known Member

I have a number of aftershave/deodorant sets in my cabinet. Some are recent but some are a few years old that I've stopped using after getting a new fragrance. When I spell the old ones, I don't see what attracted me to them originally. Perhaps my tastes have changed, my nose, or perhaps they turn bad with time?

B

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

some people say fragrances only last about a year before the oils start to break down, some people say longer. i don't know. my older colognes and aftershaves smell the same to me.

3. BjornH

BjornH Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I sometimes heard. After consideration, perhaps it's only the deodorants that smell funny. They are not as well sealed as the aftershaves so it stands to reason.

I suppose I'll have to find myself a neutral deodorant and wear the aftershaves when I'm in the mood for them.

B