1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

AE CEO posting on AAAC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imainish, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it, just from what i've witnessed in the past year or so I've seen a quality decline. I really dont believe a new CEO is going to come onto a message board and admit to declining quality.

Notice, the Alden CEO doesn't need to hop onto message boards and tell the end consumers the quality is still the same.

What's with the Demao AVI?

2. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

yes, but your posts are missed by some of us.

Indeed.

The most helpful person on this forum.

Rather knowledgeable too.

Your posts have been missed Sator.

3. Mr. Claymore

Mr. Claymore Well-Known Member

Well I joined and the pictures now appear within the posts when I am logged in (most of the time). It is a fun forum, if you like you clothing discussions extremely detailed with a heavy side of history. I am going to enjoy watching it grow.

I do not think Sator started his own forum because of Manton. It seems to me that he just wanted a place where he and the tailors could chat about the technical side of clothing and its history more freely. I suspect setting up and administering the site has kept him too busy to post here at his usual levels.

4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Well-Known Member

5. onix

onix Well-Known Member

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Rubber soles don't bother me, but they're gluejobs, aren't they?

7. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Well-Known Member

Rubber soles don't bother me, but they're gluejobs, aren't they?

Yup. AE won't recraft 'em

8. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Well-Known Member

They're $200. Who cares? Buy new ones when they wear out. Are you guys running marathons in these things?

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

They're $200. Who cares? Buy new ones when they wear out. Are you guys running marathons in these things?

I have some beautiful Bostonians you might like. $185 shipped.

10. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

Sator's photo of his older Park Avenues, compared to the photos & close-ups now available on Zappos, really shows the decline in that style. I've been off of AE for a while, in part because my shoe guy swears they are not the same & have not been for a little while now.

I have an old pair of PAs that look just like Sator's. I was thinking about replacing them until he called my attention to the prominence and finishing on the welt of the new PAs. I think I will hold off on the next AE purchase until I see them make good on this promise to get back to their old selves.