1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Advice: Velvet Blazer Outfit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doriangray87, Dec 4, 2012.

1. doriangray87

doriangray87 Member

I have some long black very smart brogues. Not sure they'll got with the charcoal flannels though?

2. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

Of course black and grey go together.

3. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

The bow tie overkills this outfit for me.

When I imagine meeting you in that outfit, I cant see myself assessing the outfit as a whole, but rather look at the individual constituents.
    I look at the navy velvet SC, then notice the bow tie, then go over to the PS and finally look at the shoes.
    To me, an outfit needs to work together instead of consisting for several different lonestanding items.

I am not sure, if you get what I am trying to say, but basically odd items are fine, but not too many and you got to many imo.

4. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Brogues aren't great for evening either. Do you have an unadorned pair of black shoes?