1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Advice please: leather jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by king mint, Nov 3, 2012.

1. king mint

king mint Member

I'd like to get a nice collarless leather motorcycle jacket. I'm a bit bewildered by the range on offer - from very cheap to very expensive.

I'd like something that is good quality and will last for years. I don't want to pay extra for a famous/luxury brand.

Slim fit preferred. I'm in London.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. king mint

king mint Member

3. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

A lot of StyleForum will highly recommend Temple of Jawnz. There's a thread here called "Official TOJ Thread 2011" you should check out. Their website right now is http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/

The price point is fair. Their jackets are also all MTM, though if you know your rough size there are plenty "for sale" on SF. Good luck to you.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Newo is absolutely correct. TOJ or it's new name John Coppidge is the best value you are going to find. It also helps that their jackets are fantastic. The style you likely want is the "Moto 2011" which can be seen here in a variety of colors: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6313.

Here is one example:
    [​IMG]

The jacket comes in a 2-zip or 4-zip style and they can make it in any color and leather style you want. If you want black, I recommend the black lambskin. The lambskin they use is exceptionally thick and soft to the touch. The jacket runs around $730. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

5. king mint

king mint Member

Thanks Newo and Gauss17. Those jackets are incredible, and exactly what I want! I need to save up though!