1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Advice for engagement party

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by JD50, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD50

JD50 New Member

Hey guys, in need of some advice. I'm usually good with my dress but am up in the air for this event. I am attending an engagement party in an upscale private home. It is buffet dinner and about 50 people.
    I don't want to wear a sport coat but want to be somewhat formal while not being in something office like.
    What I'm thinking: I purchased a pair of wingtip cognac shoes with gray slacks, a blue and white small checkered button down with a complementing tie.

The picture of the shirt is the same EXCEPT the one I have isn't violet, its a blue.

Would this be a good match? This is my first pair of this color shoe, but I like them and would love to wear them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

Wear a sport coat.

3. JD50

JD50 New Member

With the mentioned outfit? What about a navy suit (possibly shark skin) with above shoes, with no tie giving it a more relaxed look?

4. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

Yes, a sport coat with the outfit you mentioned. I wouldn't wear the suit to a house party.

5. facet

facet Well-Known Member

Agreed with Veremund

6. JD50

JD50 New Member

Thanks fellas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.