1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Adidas vs. Puma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jumpman69, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Histrion

Histrion Well-Known Member

I like these Pumas too:

Pele's
    [​IMG]

Supers
    [​IMG]

I totally dig these Pele's!

Anybody knows where in MontrÃ[​IMG]al or perhaps NYC (I'll be there in about a week, but I won't have much shopping time) I could pick up a pair of these?

2. UMass

UMass Well-Known Member

Adidas, they actually make athletic shoes! I just purchased a pair of Adidas Mali's in Yellow and Black.
    Puma's are moreless streetware.
    [​IMG]

3. Hanseat

Hanseat Well-Known Member

The thing is that in Herzogenaurach, where both companies are headquartered, the kids from Puma-families were not supposed to hang out or date with the Adidas-kids back when. I think that about sums up the degree of animosity between the companies. Personally I think that a lot of the stuff Puma puts out there is pretty cool but then again I don't own any 'sneakers' per se. I thought about getting some Pumas though.

4. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Well-Known Member

I like adidas better, hands down.

5. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Well-Known Member

I have to say that the Adidas Original line is much nicer than what Puma currently puts out any day!

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I tend to like the more expensive Pumas (96 hours and Miharas) but I definitely like the cheaper "classic Adidas, and the Samba is one of the greatest shoes ever made IMO.

Some Stuff:
    Puma
    Puma
    Puma
    Adidas
    Adidas

7. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Well-Known Member

Though I would say I like Adidas more, looking at my shoe rack, I own something like 4 Pumas and only 1 pair of Adidas. Hmmm...

X__________

Same thing for me. Maybe just maybe we like Pumas more but just aren't ready to admit it. I just looked at both websites and it's hard to tell which are nicer - chances are though when I finally go to get a mew pair, they'd be Pumas. [​IMG]

8. JoMak_NYC

I totally dig these Pele's! Anybody knows where in MontrÃ[​IMG]al or perhaps NYC (I'll be there in about a week, but I won't have much shopping time) I could pick up a pair of these?
    Only place to get the non-Footlocker style Pumas are from the Puma store in SoHo (broadway & spring). *note - adidas' store is a few blocks away on the corner of Houston*

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them. [​IMG] It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

Tell me about it, all my friends had them in the 80s here in socal and my mom would never buy me a pair. I'm currently rockin 4 pairs all suede different colors including loomstate editions. They've become so trendy I hate wearing them now with a stupid song out about them.

10. topcatny

topcatny Well-Known Member

Only place to get the non-Footlocker style Pumas are from the Puma store in SoHo (broadway & spring).

*note - adidas' store is a few blocks away on the corner of Houston*

There is also an adidas originals store on Wooster between Houston and Prince St.

11. cielo

cielo Well-Known Member

I tend to prefer adidas over any other sneak. However, if I like the design and colorway, I'll buy it, no matter the brand. I am awaiting shipment of my first pair of Reeboks in ~15 years and just recently got back into the Nike scene.

12. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

Does Puma have a commercial like this?

13. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

the pumas i bought a year or two ago i cant wear anymore. and these rod laver vintages are on my next shopping list [​IMG]

14. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

Old school pumas are ok. Adidas much better. Can't stand those Puma speedcats, that everyone seems to be into.

15. phaedrus

phaedrus Well-Known Member

I like a few syles of Puma, namely the Mostro and a few mihara's, but prefer Adidas.

16. JoMak_NYC

Puma had this great ad campaign filmed in Jamaica depicting ppl from ALL walks of life wearing Pumas. It was some of the best - and funiest- ads i've seen. Like the old courty lady walking a dirt road to church in her sunday best and on her feet some brand new Pumas. CLASSIC.

The US never got those ads of course but for those who has seen any of them will remember...

STICK......STICK.......STICK

....very well [​IMG]

17. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Well-Known Member

18. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Adidas. All my favorite sneakers (Stan Smiths, Superstars, Rods, Samba) are made by them.

19. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Histrion, nordstrom has peles on sale (though only available in the more brazilian colorway).

20. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Adidas fan here... Lavers, Superstars and Sambas... High chance that Stan Smiths will be my next sneaker purchase