1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Accidently shrunk some jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cmrocks, Feb 17, 2011.

1. cmrocks

cmrocks Well-Known Member

I accidently threw my APCs in the dryer when I last washed them and they shrunk quite a bit. They're about an inch too short now. I tried washing them again and then stretching them out and it helped a bit but not enough. I also took them to the tailor and she unfolded the hem in an attempt to make them a bit longer and they're still just a bit too short.

Should I just give up and get another pair? I was thinking that maybe I could have her add some denim to the bottom but this would probably be very hard to make look natural.

Any suggestions?

2. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Any suggestions?

Cut off your legs at the ankles.

3. seraphn

seraphn Active Member

Get another pair.

You're not going to be able to unshrink them, and you'll end up unsatisfied with any kind of alteration you try to make.

You might still be able to wear the jeans - try rolling the hem past the ankles and go for a cropped look for when summer comes around.

4. jenkinslaw

jenkinslaw Well-Known Member

Wear them. They're sanforized. They'll stretch back to their original size.

5. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

I accidently threw my APCs in the dryer when I last washed them and they shrunk quite a bit. They're about an inch too short now. I tried washing them again and then stretching them out and it helped a bit but not enough. I also took them to the tailor and she unfolded the hem in an attempt to make them a bit longer and they're still just a bit too short. Should I just give up and get another pair? I was thinking that maybe I could have her add some denim to the bottom but this would probably be very hard to make look natural. Any suggestions?
    what model ducati do you have?

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

Are you sagging them? Why not sag them?