• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abs, Chest, and Arms

Linkz

Reaction score
Hey Everyone I'm new here and I'm 17, 6'7", and about 215 lbs. And I want good looking Chest, Abs, and Arms. I live at a boarding school but we have a gym here. I haven't really worked out much and I need advice on a routine, and how many of what exercise I should do. We have lots of equipment. I also know that my long arms don't help with muscle building, and i'm not horribly fat, just not great either. Thanks for the help.

--Linkz

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
chest and arms = lifting weights

abs = lower calorie healthy diet, some cardio, a few situps (but mostly diet)

floh

Reaction score
Just start doing something right now. 3 times a week. Get used to a rythm. Everything else is supplemental.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Look at the guys who have great abses, chests, and armses. What can they do that you can't?

They can probably lift a lot more weight and run a lot faster. Work towards that and the body will follow.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should try and get together with some sort of sports team... at your size you *could* have a lot of potential in sports... that sort of motivation goes a long way to getting results...

beano

Reaction score
If you're new to working out I'd suggest starting out with bodyweight exercises first before going into weights. do things like pushups situps pullups, etc. no, you won't get HUGE with these kinds of exercises, just incredibly lean and plenty strong. If you feel that you can do more, then jump into iron pumping

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
You should try and get together with some sort of sports team... at your size you *could* have a lot of potential in sports... that sort of motivation goes a long way to getting results...
I must have skipped over his size. Yes, play football. Play basketball. Play something. Then, when you succeed, remember us little people that cheered you on. Monetary remembrance, if possible.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Linkz
Hey Everyone I'm new here and I'm 17, 6'7", and about 215 lbs. And I want good looking Chest, Abs, and Arms. I live at a boarding school but we have a gym here. I haven't really worked out much and I need advice on a routine, and how many of what exercise I should do. We have lots of equipment. I also know that my long arms don't help with muscle building, and i'm not horribly fat, just not great either. Thanks for the help.

--Linkz

1. Since you have sought advice only on good looking chest, arms and abs, I can tell you are only into that and not the aeshetique for a good overall look ala the epitome of manhood, Jay Cutler.

2. You are on the right track by seeking to improve via the gym. It is an additional advantage the gym is well stocked.

3. To start off, keep a journal to record the day, the exercise, the weight and repetitions done. You can advance it by recording your weight and food eaten.

4. Do meat and potatoes exercises to gain mass. These would be straight barbell curls for biceps, flat or incline barbell or machine bench presses for chest, close grip bench or lying triceps extension for triceps.

Dont waste time on cable crossovers or preacher curls if you dont have no arms and man boobs.

You may consider doing shoulders for a good front upper body look.

You can do this workout 2 to 4 times a week.

5. For abs, most important thing is diet and cardio. Lots of it and minor ab works.
Most professional bodybuilders dont do tons of ab work anyway.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
the epitome of manhood, Jay Cutler

Wtf?

Not if all the drugs have wreaked havoc on his balls.

Besides, I'd prefer an epitome of manhood without Oompa Loompa orange skin.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
jump rope. burpees. jump rope. situps. repeat.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
Wtf?

No ****. I read that phrase about ten times, trying to wrap my brain around it.

venron

Reaction score
Like some of the earlier posters, I think bodyweight exercises are a good start. I would recommend that you visit the website (turbulencetraining.com (or something like this)) that's maintained by Craig Ballantyne. You don't have to purchase anything to join, and he has posted YouTube videos that are very informative. Good Luck!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you only have good abs, chest, and arms you'll look like a walking pair of arms with a six-pack. Most of the good physiques you see are good because they are natural and complete, not ridiculously large in one area compared to another.

Besides, oversized arms make you look like a ******* gorilla.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do some light weights and play basketball or volleyball or swim or something. jesus, put that height to use.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
Wtf?

Not if all the drugs have wreaked havoc on his balls.

Besides, I'd prefer an epitome of manhood without Oompa Loompa orange skin.

The fact is even if you take all the drugs he has allegedly taken and do the exact same workout down to the rest period and weight and reps and eat the same food, you still cant have the body close to him.

Hence to achieve that sort of body is something to be respected and in awe of and therefore I classify him as having the sort of body all gym rats aspire to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads