1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. cutemelon

cutemelon Well-Known Member

totally agree with you

I wear PNS but I would immediately jump on something similar with a higher rise.

2. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

Yep. Tbh I'm over the whole low rise thing and just want to have a secure fit sitting higher on the waist, place my balls where I want them without them being visible or squashed..

Ordered a pair from End to see what they're like. From the pics they're comparable to the ones on apc website but a different name. The ones on Mr Porter I think are recycled photos or a different style as the rise still looks short.

3. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

can anybody comment on the difference in fit, if any, between the stonewashed pns (100% cotton) and raw pns?

i take a 26 in raw ps and have taken the same size in the three pairs of stonewashed pns i have, and the fit is pretty similar

i'm hesitant to order a raw pair in the same size, though, going off of what you guys have said about trying on ps and pns in the same sizes

4. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of the stone washed PNS yesterday, I'll let you know

1 person likes this.
  5. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

I tried on the washed and would have taken the same size (assuming they don't stretch).

1 person likes this.
  6. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

I'm exactly in that same position. I had an APC PS 31 which after some stretching still was pretty tight in the waist. Got me a new pair of PNS in 32 thinking it would be roomier in the top block PLUS sized up 32 vs 31. Seems kind of tight right off the bat....could you button up your PNS right away? And if you don't mind what is your height and weight?

7. willis88

Not sure if thats relevant really as everyones proportions are different, but I think its safe to say that the pns isn't the option if you're looking for something roomier than the ps

8. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

I'm 5'10, 165 lbs, with a true waist measurement of 31" (at belly button). but I got dem juicy glutes. :slayer:

I prefer the fit of PNS from the knee down, but the top block is brutal. Already hemmed them too, maybe I can get sell it for cheap on grailed? :bored:

9. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

The jeans just cam in and lined up with my just washed raw PNS they're a cm smaller in the waist. Tried on they're as tight -perhaps just a smidge more- as the the raw PNS were new. I'd reason the two stretch the same.

Interesting that they've moved production to Vietnam

Edit: For anyone interested, I've noted a sharp decline in quality. The tack stitches on the back pockets are much smaller and overall stitching is sloppy. Around the hem on one of the legs, the selvedge inseam has been tucked then stitched in-leaving a a wrinkled effect. Better than what you'd get from J. Crew or Acne but still disappointing

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. willy156

willy156 Active Member

glad to know im not the only one who wants a higher rise from apc jeans. I wear the pns and whenever I sit down I'm almost sitting down on my belt.

11. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

so my raw pns in a 26 arrived today, and while the fit through the leg is good, the top block is tight

i can only button up the first two buttons, and when i tried walking around, i could feel a lot of tension in the top

definitely a different feel when compared to the three pairs of stonewashed pns i have (the bleached pair from a few seasons back, the "permanent collection" light blue stonewashed pair, and the faded black stonewashed pair from a season or two ago) in the same size

i can button those all of the way up easily (though they're a bit tight around the waist) and there's no tension at all

i also have a pair of the black gabardine pns that i'm able to button up all of the way comfortably (albeit a little tight) with no tension either

originally bought the 26 raw pns to replace my 26 raw ps because the latter has a slightly longer inseam (i don't like hemming) and i wanted a stronger taper, but now i don't know whether to just keep the ps and keep wearing them, or order a size 27 pns and see how that would work out

12. willis88

Definitely try the size up and if they don't work stick to your ps or carry on searching. Just two buttons even on the initial wear is just wrong

2 people like this.
  13. Thruxton1246

Thruxton1246 Member

Any experience on black APCs?

I've been interested in seeing how these wear in and fade....

14. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

I compared a five year old Made in Macau pair with a Made in Vietnam pair I just got. The quality is the same as it was 5 years ago and they fit exactly the same.
    Which black ones? The black raw fit different, tighter, than the indigos. I'd recommend sizing up. I haven't worn them enough to get fades.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I've tried on the raw black and raw indigo a few times and found the same thing. I sized one up for the faux noir / black ones. Also note, as I've mentioned several times that sometimes the indigo ones offer a 1-2% stretch which makes a huge comfort difference but the same black pair don't for some reason.

16. cutemelon

cutemelon Well-Known Member

it seems that the 2% stetch options have different measurements when looking at measurements online. This seems to have been the case at least for the PNS where the rise is considerably lower.

17. J o s h

J o s h Well-Known Member

Did you get the 32s? If so, how are they working out?

I'm on my first wear today of new 32 Petit Standards. I was facing the same choice as you (32 or 33)! They're tight but not uncomfortable on day 1.

18. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

does anybody else own a pair of the black gabardine pns?

i've worn mine twice now, and while the fit is fine and all, i've noticed that the rise feels noticeably shorter than on the other pairs of pns i have

whereas on my stonewashed pns my ballsack rests comfortably on top of the crotch seam, on my gabardine pair it's forced down the left side of my pants leg

it isn't too bad when standing/walking, but it's uncomfortable when sitting down and i'm unsure if sizing up one would even make a difference (would be another $100+ on a pair of pants i already own, too)

the waist is also noticabely tighter than on my other pns

could this all simply be attributed to the material? because from what i can discern, the gabardine pair has the same length rise as the other pairs when laid down over them

or maybe the tighter waist is causing them to sit higher on my hips, thus pulling the crotch seam up?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  19. ja336109

ja336109 New Member

Can anyone expand on the sizing of the pns stonewashed indigo sizing? Do they stretch? Size down or true to size?
    Thanks for any help!

20. chiggyv

chiggyv Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the current season MA-1 bomber? Some sites suggest going up a size, while others suggest TTS.

I'm typically a medium in APC shirting. 6'3, 180lbs, 41 inch chest.