1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. reidy

reidy Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright lads, back with some 29's in both PS & PNS. TS - 30

Thoughts?

PS 29

[​IMG]

PNS 29

[​IMG]

2. Kumaz

Kumaz Member

^
    ^
    ^
    I reckon 29 seems to be the right size for you. Which one is tighter PS or PNS. Now this is just your preference whether you like it slighter more taper or bigger

1 person likes this.
  3. cutemelon

cutemelon Well-Known Member

my vote is for the 29 pns
    im gonna guess you can button em all the way up, but its a bit snug. That seems just about right since they will stretch out to the point where they are a tiny bit loose eventually (based on my own experience)

the taper looks about the same, although i prefer a more drastic taper. Im with @Kumaz go with whatever you think looks better now. i always prefer the top block of the PNS though in terms of comfort/fit. personal opinion

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. reidy

reidy Member

Safe lads,

I'm keeping the PNS. Better rise, nice taper and not an excess on length.

They fit real snug on waist but are certainly bearable @cutemelon

Will they stretch loads from anyone's experience?

5. cutemelon

I sized down 3 to a 28 on my pair of PNS and im wearing them now very very comfortably

6. reidy

reidy Member

Christ man i didn't have a chance with down 2, don't know how you managed down 3 dude haha.

I'm just a bit concerned the leg width will stretch out and become really ill fitting? (they don't fit super tight on the leg or anything, just the waist that is tight really)

Do you think those PNS 29 look like a decent fit out of interest?

7. Kumaz

Kumaz Member

So PNS fitting is bigger than PS?

8. reidy

reidy Member

Na dude, the PS are longer in leg, higher rise and don't really taper.
    Both the waist fit me the same.

Overall I much prefer the look and fit of the PNS.

9. cutemelon

the pns should have the higher rise,

i also prefer the PNS

10. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

my PS fit great after a lot of wear, but my PNS feel so much tighter initially. I wonder if it's even worth breaking them in or trying to resell.

11. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Hey guys. Happy to join the APC gang, placed my order of size 32 Petit new standard. Anyway, I have some questions. How much stretchin have you guys experienced? I'm normally a size 31 in 90% of jeans, but I went with size 32 because my thighs/butt are slightly bigger from squatting. also, I read up that APC stopped Vanity sizing a few years back. This should mean people shouldnt down size anymore, right?

12. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

I went for 31 when my TTS was 34. That was last September. Was tight at the first week or so.

13. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Which fit did you get? From what I know, Petit Standard is like a skinny fit, Petit New Standard is similar to Petit Standard from the knee down but offers more room in top block.

14. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

New Standard.

I believed the top block to be same as PNS.

[​IMG]

15. willy156

willy156 Active Member

So you normally wear jeans in size 34 and went with a size 31 New Standard? And after a week the jeans stretched in waist and thighs?

16. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

TTS was 34. Measured with a tape.

Waist did loosened. Thigh not that much.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  17. cutemelon

i think you should still size down, and thats to accomodate for stretching. try on the size 32, see how it fits in the thighs. waist stretches, thighs don't. If you can get the thighs right but its too tight in the waist, (cant get last button on, or can just almost get it in) the jean is not for you.

18. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

The waist is the last thing to consider as it usually stretches out to your actual waist size (within limit). If its fits everywhere else but struggle with the top button I'd give them a go.

Thighs appear to stretch but they don't really. Its just because the waist starts to sag due to stretch and naturally begin to sit lower. Thats my experience anyway

19. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Well, here's hoping I sized right. I wear size 31 Levi's 511 that is 1% elastic so it fits great. I also have size 32 Levi's 514 but I need a belt because they're a tad too big (Also 1% elastic). Finally, I have a pair of size 31 weird guys from Naked and Famous denim. They still fit alright, having noticeable stretch in the thighs and 2 inches stretched in the waist made them a lot more comfortable compared to first day.

20. cutemelon

sorry yea i meant it the other way. thighs gotta be right, but waist can be okay