1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. cutemelon

cutemelon Well-Known Member

If I had to choose based purely on looks
    I like the 28 better, they'll stretch, but how much im not entirely sure
    I fit a PNS comfortably brand new in a size 30 but sized down 2 to a 28 and its like perfect now

Any reason you havnt tried a 28 in the PNS?

2. reidy

reidy Member

Ok man, thanks for advice.

I can't bare the 28's the whole top block and thighs are far too tight, they'll probably burst at the seems before they stretch.

I've had a really weird experience with APC's. I have tried the PNS in 28 in store, but they were like a second skin. All the ones from the online store seem to be larger, and all the ones in store seem to be smaller, I can't work it out.

I'm thinking i might just return both for 29's and see which fit i prefer PS or PNS, I sway more towards the PNS fit though, something i'm not keen on with the PS.

3. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

I agree the legs look great on the 28 ps but the crotch looks bad. To accommodate, you'd wear them lower and further down your belly which they'd then sag and ruin that fit anyway. The pns look good. Wouldn't worry too much about achieving a clean look as the knee bulge comes in after a couple of wears.

4. cutemelon

i prefer the slightly higher rise on the PNS and while i liked the PS for the most part. I wanted something closer to a mid rise. Still feel like the PNS rise is a little bit low, but it works for me. I sized down because i liked the slightly slimmer legs (i got really skinny legs)

As for the sizing down, they stretched out eventually. I think it had a part to do with the crotch starting to thin out. I got a repair before a full blowout and so it worked out.
    i mean if you can take another picture with the PNS im sure someone can give an opinion. The top block should be a bit tight initially. I think as long as your thighs arnt skin tight it should be fine. remember thighs dont stretch

here's an album of my PNS from 8 months ago. http://imgur.com/a/E4qub
    They were 16 months no wash at that time. I got them repaired shortly after and have washed em a few times. twice i think. I will try to get a picture of me wearing em if i get a chance

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. reidy

reidy Member

They look sick mate.

My plan is to swap both pairs for a 29 and see how I get on with those I think.

I assume I will be able to exchange/return the new items (29's) that APC send if they don't fit?

6. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

Haven't bought APCs in years (I was a good 15-20 lbs lighter back then and my old jeans no longer fit at all) and wanted to get a pair to wear around during the weekends.

Made a trip to the APC store in SoHo and after trying a few pairs of jeans I found the PNS in a size 30 to be pretty comfy. So I decided to snap some quick fit pics and would greatly appreciate some feedback/advice/criticism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking at pics now not sure what to think, waist is slightly loose, thigh fits snug. But overall feels and looks a bit sloppy? Size down by 1 and/or try another cut like PS? Was kind of going for a pretty slim/skinny fit. Tape measures 32 around where I wear my jeans. I'm 5'6 so tons of stacking unfortunately.

What do you guys think?

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I'll get the opinions started... looks pretty average to me. At 5'6 there's going to be stacks even with a hemming (which I'd suggest) but go back and get something that fits better. Doesn't have to be skinny per se, but at least try down a size in those PNS and try out the NS and PS too.

I'm 5'6 130 and found the NS's too wide even sizing down, the PNS too tight in the calves at the size that worked for my waist and thighs, and in the end I went for the PS's, sized down to a 27/28 or so (ok I actually bought a 26 but it's too tight and I went back and fitted them on again and the 27 is the best for me).

play around with sizes, cuts, and also as I mentioned earlier, check for the 2% stretch versions

8. zwyf

zwyf Member

How long should I wait before washing my black ps?

9. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

7 months 12 days is pretty standard.

10. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, went back to the store and exchanged it for a 28 PS, could button up all of the buttons but felt very snug. Leg looks a lot cleaner too. Will snap fit shots once I get a chance!

11. cutemelon

Fellow wearers of the PNS, anyone reccomend some similar fitting denim? I want a new pair, but if i cant find a good fit, i'll just buy another pair

12. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

I also have this question. I love the PNS fit, but it doesn't appear they have them in black. I also have store credit for a place that sells Acne, so I would like to know what Acne fit is closest to the PNS?

13. dr1248

dr1248 Well-Known Member

Acne Ace and thin is closest to the PNS.

14. cutemelon

I actually bought a pair of black ones colorway was called lizz noir, but i dont see them on sale anywhere anymore. They look like an unwashed black on black denim.
    Theyre perfect, still looking for a similiar pair of raws though, want to give some other denim a try

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  15. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  16. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'6 145, and have an average chest size at 38''.

From prior experience, APC Jackets/tops/coats run anywhere from true to size to slightly relaxed. I wear an XS in almost everything they have with some room to spare.

Unless you literally have a 42+ inch chest at 5'5 and 135lbs which is insane and you probably won't have the arm length to fit a medium in that case.

Good luck!

17. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

thanks for the response. You're pretty much my size. So you would recommend an xs in the jacket?

18. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

I'd say so, most of the stuff i own from APC is XS and I'd say it's the right size in terms of arm length and chest (I have shorter arms too).

Also, If it's any help I am also a small in Wings Horns/ small in Band of Outsiders/XS in Steven Alan, XS in Uniqlo stuff (small in Slim fit stuff though)

Keep in mind that END's measurements are a bit sketchy so don't fully trust those unless you can ask an associate to properly measure it for you.

19. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

I've found End's measurements to be quite accurate. Problem is once any garment's actually on person they usually become irrelevant.

20. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

Eh, it depends. I've asked them to re-measure some stuff on occasion and they end up with measurements that are significantly different than the size charts. I've bought stuff that I would have no chance in fitting based alone on their sizing tab measurements and they've been fine. Just beware that it's not always entirely accurate and cross check with another size chart if possible.