1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Don't buy them then. If the hem is too long then the knee fades probably also don't line up.

1 person likes this.
  3. CWRUSteez

CWRUSteez Active Member

So I know I'm pretty late to the party, but could someone detail the changes in fit of the PS between 2011 and now?
    Much appreciated

4. ryho

ryho New Member

If you're not into stacks , I would not buy them. As Timbaland said once you hem them , the fades won't line up.

5. computurd

computurd Well-Known Member

So has anyone got pics of how the new kanye jeans fit? out of curiosity

6. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

Just got my first pair of APCs: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're NS. My true waist is 34" and my normal Levi's size is 32. I went with 30 in these APCs. I also tried on PS in 32 and 31 and I thought the 31 was OK but a bit tight on the thigh for me (which supposedly doesn't stretch).

The NS fits just right on the thigh but I wish they tappered a bit more. What should I tell the tailor if I wanted him to give them a bit more of a taper? I don't think it's common for them to work with jeans around here, so I don't want him to mess them up. Also, should I do that now or after wearing them for a bit?

What worries me a bit is the inseam lenght--you can see it doesn't stack too much. I have a pair of 501STFs and their inseam has shrinked a lot, what can I expect from my NS?

I also don't like the pockets--they're really small! My Nexus 4 barely fits in there.

By the way, I went with APC because those (and Raleigh) were the only raws I could find here in Mexico City (after a brief googling, to be fair). They were mxn$3000 ≈ usd$230. And people say they're overpriced at $185!

7. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Thighs on PS will stretch, depends how tight they are. May be a good idea to break them in for a bit and have them go through a wash cycle or two before getting any tailoring done, although this seems to apply more to hemming than tapering. That is overpriced, you should scour B&S on this forum or ebay for other options.

8. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

i like the fit actually.. looks fine without tapering.

9. leipergrey

Yeah, I don't think I'll be going back to that store. The guys there were really nice, though. But those prices...

Thanks for the tailoring advice.
    Thanks, I was wearing hi-top sneakers when I tried both the PS and NS on, and I liked how the jeans stacked, and looked, a bit more with the PS than the NS. PNS could've been the way to go, but they didn't stock those.

10. crosswound

The photo is a bit dark but fit looks fine i'd hem after first wash when it comes the stacking right now isnt even bad it will definitely shrink 1" if you wash it regular.

11. leipergrey

^

Yeah, the pic could've been way better. I'm still getting the hang of lighting and stuff.

An inch isn't that bad, and I don't even plan on washing them regularly. I also figured that they'll probably end up sitting a bit lower on the waist than right now so no biggie (hopefully).

12. Bojangles

Bojangles New Member

So, is hemming a new pair of apc NS considered an all around bad idea? I just order a pair of 32 NS from Nordstrom and was considering getting them hemmed 2 inches or so. I think the inseam is 36" which is super long on me (i'm only 5'9" and usually wear 30 or 32 inseam). I'm not a huge fan of the cuffed look but I'm also not completely against it, but i'd rather go with the stacks. Also, I probably will end up washing them several times a year since my body naturally runs hot and I'll sweat in hotter, humid weather. I know this will shrink them some but would it be enough to justify not getting them hemmed?

Just trying not to screw up the process from the start.

13. Bojangles

Bojangles New Member

Also, leipergrey, I swear the pockets are made for babies.

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I would wait until you at least wash or hot soak it

15. jc5157

jc5157 Member

I just got a pair of PS, and I was under the impression they would bleed. However, over the last week I've seen zero bleeding. Is that a problem?

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^this has to be the stupidest post I've read all week congrats

1 person likes this.
  17. jc5157

jc5157 Member

It's really the first pair of raw denim I've owned. Seeing it's quite accepted (in fact normal) that APC jeans bleed, I think it's quite natural to see something abnormal and ask a question. I apologize if my ignorance has upset you.

18. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Anyone else find the rise of the PS too short? Or is the cut meant to sag?

1 person likes this.
  19. rs5088

rs5088 Well-Known Member

Try the petit new standard, higher rise, still tapers below knee

20. crosswound

Bawlin ps is meant to sag rise on it sucks