1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A little help with the coats

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by European Interloper, Jan 12, 2003.

1. European Interloper

European Interloper Well-Known Member

I just bought a Helmut Lang white 3/4 length hooded coat. I needed something warm and comfortable, and it was on sale (currently living on diminished budget thanks to Spitzer)... I'm white, but have the ability to tan. I have dirty blonde long hair... Is it ok for me to wear this coat?

thanks
    European Interloper

2. VWpete

VWpete Well-Known Member

Yes. It sounds like a cool piece. I think HL's winter whites are nice on anyone as long as your skin tone isn't really pasty (which sounds like it's not the case). If you feel good in it and can work to keep it clean, I think it's a refreshing, clean color. I don't have any white winter coats, but recently tried on a db Dior white wool pea coat that was amazing, but alot of $ and I was looking for more of an overcoat. Went w/ a 3/4 Dior brown (olive tones) wool overcoat. Have fun w/ it.
    Cheers,
    Pete

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

Welcome back E.I., I've always enjoyed the air of arrogance in your posting. Anyway, it sounds like a nice coat. Is it wool or a synthetic blend? BTW, who is Spitzer?

4. European Interloper

European Interloper Well-Known Member

Hmm air of arrogance... how refreshingly british. Eliot Spitzer is the Attorney General of New York State, and, as a result of his often justified but tiresome penalizing of the banking industry, has decreased many people's incomes. The coat, strangely enough, is synthetic on the outside but has sheepskin on the inside... It shouldn't be warm and is extremely thin and breathable, but it is.
    European Interloper

5. gqelements

gqelements Well-Known Member

iI have a similar piece in more of a garlic tone. Love it. I'm also fair complexion, blue eyes, and dirty blond hair. Have received many compliments on the coat. Compliments aside, I love the coat.

jS.