1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A Game Of Thrones trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Chiaroscuro, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Fat chance. The better the show is, the higher the chance of HBO cancelling it leaving you hanging.

Happened to me with Carnivale, then Deadwood, then Rome. HBO had their 3 strikes with me.

If both the book series and the HBO series remain unfinished, I might have an aneurysm.

2. magogian12345

magogian12345 Well-Known Member

I got the Bluray set of Rome. Watching through them again. What a great show . . .

3. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I got the Bluray set of Rome. Watching through them again. What a great show . . .

Yes, truly great TV. One of the reasons I'm so stoked for Game of Thrones is the overlap of folks who were responsible for Rome and also for this production.

I didn't realize just how "gritty" Rome was going to be. I'd heard very little about it, and thought it was more of a docu-drama like you might see on the History Channel. So, the first time I watched it, I gathered my grade school and middle school boys to watch too, figuring it would be educational.

As it turns out, within the first 10 minutes or so, they got a little too "educated" and I had to turn it off and chase them out of the room (and got chewed out by my wife.)

(But I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.)

4. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Rome was supposed to be 4-6 seasons IIRC, but luckily they got word of cancellation in time to just wrap up the story in the second season.

That makes sense because the ending seemed complete. I think it was for the best. The first season was awesome but the second season seemed quite a bit weaker in comparison.

Now George R R Martin needs to get back to writing. I can't wait till the next book!

5. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

Now George R R Martin needs to get back to writing. I can't wait till the next book!

I remember laughing the day I found his blog online. The guy probably averages 2000 words/day on there, but refuses to finish his damn series. What a shithead.

6. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

I remember laughing the day I found his blog online. The guy probably averages 2000 words/day on there, but refuses to finish his damn series. What a shithead.

I certainly hope this doesn't end up like Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series.

7. heli0x

heli0x Well-Known Member

A nice preview went up about a month ago in case anyones interested (didn't see it mentioned yet), link

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Well-Known Member

I remember reading George RR Martin's "update" in 2008 as to why the next book still wasn't done .... I'm about ready to write it off as another Duke Nukem Forever.*

*: supposedly due out in 2011.

9. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Well-Known Member

This thread still lives. New trailer no scenes in it but you get to hear the actors say some of the lines from the book.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Well-Known Member

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I couldn't fucking believe that when I read it.

12. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

13. Blackfyre

New trailer with more dialog and...the wall!!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

All of the chillins are looking a little old.

15. Blackfyre

They were aged for the show. To make things a little more believable and bc they didnt want pre-teens and younger on tv handling very adult subject matter.

16. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

God damn it. I have absolutely no idea what was going on there. So, now I have to re-read the book. How long before this thing starts?

17. Blackfyre

April 17th

Cant wait.

18. Anthony K

Anthony K Well-Known Member

Effin' A it looks awesome!! I'm glad they have Sean Bean in it, he's alway been one of my favorite actors.

19. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

Call me a purist but I remember the decission making on being the Hand differently.

Then again this show looks certainly more watchable then the Sword of Truth show. Then again that wasn't any worse than the books were.

20. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

Hey dickhead, spoiler alert?

respectfully, I don't think you can be upset about "spoiling" a series that ended yeeeears ago. it's unfortunate for you to find out this way, but you can't expect people to be hush-hush about plot points because you're several years late to the party.

i'm just saying.