1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, May 18, 2012.

1. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Well-Known Member

Hi Laufer - I have requested samples from AS of all the Pin Grain colours available and will post here when they come in.

2. Afinepairofshoes

At present Dark Brown pin grain is currently the only option for smaller runs due to the large minimum order now required from the tanneries for other colours.

Let me know if I can help further.

3. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I see. Thank you so much for your assistance.

On the other hand I have question about the sizing. I am comfortable in size 10 F in lasts 109 and 724. What size would you recommend for the last 87?

4. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

This is an amazing boot. What sole are you considering, dainite or double leather? Would it be shell cognac and calf grain or all calf?

5. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

^
    I'm open to both dainite or double leather with toe taps in shell cognac and grain upper.

6. Afinepairofshoes

On balance I would stick with the 10F in the 87, it is slightly shorter in length than the 109 but similar width to the 724 last.

7. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

Any indication on price? May be interested, it is a killer boot. An alternative for me would be to have a similar boot done by Vass, but price can be a discriminating factor between the two.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. Afinepairofshoes

For this specification of boot with Horween Cordovan we would be looking at the same price as the last mto of £541.66 ex VAT outside of the EU including delivery.

9. Joshua Lee

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  10. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Yea I know what your saying but you have to realize that the finishing on AS is fantastic in comparison. The AS are made to handgrade qualifications and the carmina are benchgrade. Huge different in finishings/quality/durability. I really enjoy my AS Millers and I would be super interested in another boot by AS

11. Joshua Lee

The only concern I have going with AS is their requirement of 15 people compared to 6 from Carmina. I'd love to try their brand of shoes for an MTO, but not quite sure the goal can be reached soon.

12. silverlakeguy

silverlakeguy Member

I'd be interested in an MTO for a Miller boot. But getting 15 people on board is ambitious.

13. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I may be interested too depending on the final configuration of the boot. Let's start counting the votes.

14. Itsuo

Itsuo Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these MTOs offer the chance to order from the AS Handgrade line but made to their "Exclusive" standard hence the price break. I was in on the Blake order and think they're great so nothing against the final product. My vote would be for one of the Oxfords on the 48 last; I don't expect that to garner much support though...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  15. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

I would be interested in a 2 tone bal boot in a lighter cognac shell with a suede shaft. My miller is on 724 last and it is a perfect boot IMO. Anyone interested? We just need 14 more! LOL