1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, May 18, 2012.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

Any update on the Benson? Is it going to come in time for Xmas? I would hope so as this is getting a touch ridiculous.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

+1. im hoping this Miller boot is awesome because it may be the last AS MTO i order. And I aint impatient, it’s the principle now

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

I don't like this situation as much as anyone but if you take away the 3 month delay due to the cognac shell issue then we're right on schedule, I believe. Possibly even early.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

communicate, communicate and then over communicate. this is an example of poor communication all throughout the chain. either AS or AFPOS should have been upfront with whatever significant issue they were facing as it was occurring - not months later. its unacceptable to postpone delivery by so long while not being upfront about it. if it did take 2 months to secure the shell, why wasnt that communicated? 1 month goes by, no message, im thinking, "cool, boot is being made. Ill be able to wear it before winter before it gets too wet". two month go by, "half way there". then after two months, we finally get an update, "oh btw" ... huh?!

as are most luxury products, the high-end shoe business is as much service oriented as it is product focused. it just baffles me why shoe makers, especially, grapple with this communication thing. in the case of the Miller boot, we didnt hear anything until the half way point that our boot was just started. ugh

on a positive note, props to Carmina and Vass for being able to craft a luxurious, extremely well built piece of footwear within a reasonable amount of time. I only wish AS could do the same

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. Gerry Nelson

I hear you, Namor, I hear you!

6. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Well-Known Member

We are so close now to delivering both the Miller and Benson mto that I'm sure they will worth the wait - it is always a balancing act to gauge the right level and timing of the communication correctly. At AFPoS we strive to be open and above all, honest about how we do business and look after you, our customers.

As mentioned, for the Miller mto, we are just waiting on the three piece boot trees that take quite a bit of hand finishing and should be with us within a week.

The Benson mto are in the final stages of the finishing room and hopefully will be sent to us within the next two weeks.

Here are some pictures of both for you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Gerry Nelson

Thanks, Julian. They look sensational!

8. grunberg

grunberg Well-Known Member

doesn't anyone want to repeat mto? both types of footwear look gorgeous.

9. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I might be interested in miller boot with vintage oak + expresso suede top combination.

10. grunberg

do you have a picture of wanted thing?

11. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Boots look awesome! Trees might be causing some delay but hopefully these growing pains will make future MTO go smoother.

I guess it's all relative since I am still waiting for the confirmation of a couple Alden whiskey make-ups from aosr a year ago. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. grunberg

ahhhh. the thing from their catalog... yes, they are also nice. Does somebody remember the prices on group mto from calf and cordovan in regard of miller and benson?

14. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

+1. I would also like to know. Wish to compare it to AS standard MTO pricing.

15. grunberg

[​IMG]
    If Benson...I would choose between upper cordovan color and this one of calf...

16. ElementHU

ElementHU Well-Known Member

I'd be down for this exact shoe as I've been contemplating getting it MTO anyway. Not sure if the price would change at all if it was a group buy and also not sure everyone would want it to handgrade standards.

17. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Well we could see what AFPOS folks can do. I know Julian and Sarah read this thread.

18. sdolina

sdolina Well-Known Member

Looks like bordeaux for me, I expected cognac. Am I wrong?

19. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Well-Known Member

It does not look like Cognac to me as well. I will be extremely disaapointed f it ends looking this red like the picture above.

20. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Well-Known Member

I love to repeat, but the wait will kill me. Benson took almost 7-8 months!!!!! I have had Bespoke that were delivered faster.