1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by F. Corbera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Well-Known Member

2. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Well-Known Member

With the last 2 comparisons this thread is really gaining momentum.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Both look good. I like the play with proportions.

Ivwri's looks are consistently good, and I like the (relatively) slim double breasted jacket with the voluminous pants. I also like that the color play is a very traditional one - the navy blazer with the grey flannel pants.

Maomao's fit is interesting, though not quite as successful. He has essentially mixed an 80's silhouette with a very 2012 bottom, including the slimmer trousers with no break, the rounded toe shoes, etc... I'm also not quite as sure about the colors. They seem a bit too close, but not deliberately so. I'd like to see this in motion to see if actually works.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

the runway show featured that hand-knit jacket paired with some of yohji's widest-cut pants (as asobu just said)

5. LA Guy

Yeah, I know, but I want to critique these outfits without resorting to name dropping and references to runway shows.

6. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

it's rather odd to divorce some outfits from their contexts. i'm not usually for recreating runway shows but in certain cases, like with YY, a photo is really not worth any other description because YY has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Volume in motion can't be captured by static photos, so this name-dropping lends the context that helps understand what is on the screen (which otherwise would be ill-fittings selected from grampa's closet)

1 person likes this.
  7. LA Guy

Maybe, but I think that Ivwri does a tremendous job of showing that the movement in those clothes.

1 person likes this.
  8. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

+1. Girls as well.

Ivwri's are usually great, but i don't think the jacket is working with those pants.

Maomao is fantastic. Is that a suit? because i don't think the jacket should be orphaned. Might just be the photo that's making the pants appear different.

9. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Maomao's is not great imo, it looks like it's trying to be a suit but the colors don't match, the legs look so stiff, the huge lapels on the jacket ... does nothing for me.

10. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Well-Known Member

Threak will be active again shortly.