1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A cool nickname

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wilson brother, Oct 30, 2006.

1. wilson brother

wilson brother Well-Known Member

The Dude was a very "go with the flow" type guy. I doubt he had the ambition to create the name for himself, nor did he posses the arrogance to demand that everyone call him "The Dude." I can see an A-type, Ivy Leaguer, doing this though.

Hey Brasky,

Maybe you don't know the Dude so well [​IMG] because he told Jeffrey Lebowski to call him the Dude many times..

I like to go with the flow also and even made a topic about it here [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

2. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

Hey Brasky,

Maybe you don't know the Dude so well [​IMG] because he told Jeffrey Lebowski to call him the Dude many times..

I like to go with the flow also and even made a topic about it here [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

You do realize that The Dude is actually a character in a film and not a real person, right?

3. wilson brother

You do realize that The Dude is actually a character in a film and not a real person, right?

Well the Dude might just be a character from a film but the Guy isn't [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Sometimes you can't wait for others to make your own dream come true..[​IMG] i've just learned this recently.

I think i'll send an email to all my friends requesting to only call me the Guy from now [​IMG] ..but you can still call me Danny [​IMG]
    -Danny Wilson

...mr. the-guy-who-names-himself, I will just comment that while I admire your willingness and gumption to make your own dream come true, I also would say that if being called 'the guy' is your big dream, I suspect you've got bigger thing(s) in store for you and should aim higher with your dream(s).

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

Mine have all come from sports team participation and spread from there:

Bones - from football, still sticks, I have always been really skinny
    White Shadow (later deteriorated into "Whitey") - HS basketball team nickname
    Dirt - from college basketball team, as in "older than", at 23, I was three to five years older than everyone else.
    Also was called Hose by a big circle of non-athlete friends in college - from a loud, complimentary reference my drunken ex-girlfriend made at a party. [​IMG]

Of all these, I obviously wish that "Hose" had stayed.[​IMG]

A teammate of mine, incidentally, had what I thought to be the coolest nickname - "The Colonel". It was an A-Team reference, his last name was "Decker".

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

A teammate of mine, incidentally, had what I thought to be the coolest nickname - "The Colonel". It was an A-Team reference, his last name was "Decker".

An A-team nickname. I pity the fool.

7. wilson brother

...mr. the-guy-who-names-himself, I will just comment that while I admire your willingness and gumption to make your own dream come true, I also would say that if being called 'the guy' is your big dream, I suspect you've got bigger thing(s) in store for you and should aim higher with your dream(s).

Hi Thomas-

I wouldnt say this is my big dream..so dont worry. I have many others where that came from [​IMG]

as for gumption I hope you are not refering to Forrest Gump [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

8. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Well-Known Member

Mine is . . . 'Sweet - Talker.' I like that.[​IMG]

9. Tyto

Tyto Well-Known Member

Actually, he *is* a real person: the movie was the Coen brothers' homage to him.

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Hi Thomas-

I wouldnt say this is my big dream..so dont worry. I have many others where that came from [​IMG]

as for gumption I hope you are not refering to Forrest Gump [​IMG]
    -Danny Wilson

Glad to hear there are more dreams in the pipeline.

As for gumption, that is NOT a reference to Forrest...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gumption

11. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

Well the Dude might just be a character from a film but the Guy isn't [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] good one!

12. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

my girlfriend used to call me girth brooks

13. MOCAZEN

MOCAZEN Well-Known Member

3 nickanames that I've had since h.s.

c0ck-i loathe this one
    moco
    the jew

14. cmrocks

cmrocks Well-Known Member

All throughout highschool, pretty much everyone called me Mooney which is my last name. I guess it's not really a nickname but that is what I was known by for a while.

15. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

Mine was always Bones, due to my skinny physique. Most of the guys who called me that haven't seen their dick in five years.

16. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

GREAT necropoast!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

Especially since he already posted his tree nicks.

By the way, A couple of the Americans I met were curious as to my nicknames and wanted to call me Mr. T or T-bone, I'm guessing the stories behind Thomas' nicks are that he also has a name that starts with a T.

- T-Bone

18. Das Gaus

Das Gaus Member

I knew a guy that told everyone to call him Brody for like 5-6 months. He was a tool and we all sure did laugh at him.

1 person likes this.