• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A budget vintage watch collection

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a pic of my new love.
Vintage USSR Pobeda with the REAL James Bond RAF strap.

Edit- I understand the irony.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Very nice beater, which model is this?

Sorry I missed this.
I don't know the model. I wouldn't say it is rare, but there are definitely less than the Mercury or Marlin model.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of vintage ones of mine:

Longines 18ct rose gold manual wind wristwatch Movement Number 9021231, circa 1950
Watch-Longines.jpg

Zenith 18ct gold automatic centre seconds wristwatch 1950's
Zenith.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump with a pic of one of my favorite Raketas. I couldn't get the thing to keep good time so I had to sell it for a loss.
frown.gif

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ Here is a pic of the coolest watch you will ever see. My favorite from age 7-13. I would still wear it today if it fit an adult wrist(I am serious).
1992 M&M Olympic Watch

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Omega Seamaster DeVille.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+ Here is a pic of the coolest watch you will ever see. My favorite from age 7-13. I would still wear it today if it fit an adult wrist(I am serious).
1992 M&M Olympic Watch

bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Waltham:
dsc4307m.jpg
Solid Gold Longines:
stfij6.jpg
Have a few more, but no pics. I enjoy both greatly.

jawzzy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
This?

Alpina7.jpg

It's an Alpina - I think it's probably slightly later than WWI, but it's absolutely the trench style, it even has the Breguet hands, like a pocket watch.

What is this called when there is sort of only one attachment point for the band to the case. I know a few modern Longines have this style and I really love it.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Nice pieces LS - interestingly, I have in my collection the same two first watches but my DeVille is in a steel case and my Longines has a black dial. Both required repair/service that cost me 50-100% of the value of the watch. I think anyone thnking about buying vintage should be absolutely aware of that

I paid a ridicculous AUD800 for an Omega c1944. Repairs have been AUD250 so far.

IronRock

Reaction score
Gullomega.jpg

I have this exact Omega (mine has a black croc strap and original pig skin box), my Grandfather gave it to me years ago. Cosmetically mine is fukked, no glass, missing the minute hand and the face is very tarnished.

Is it worth me taking in to Omega for repairs? Anyone know how much a reconditioned item like this might be worth?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
Gullomega.jpg

I have this exact Omega (mine has a black croc strap and original pig skin box), my Grandfather gave it to me years ago. Cosmetically mine is fukked, no glass, missing the minute hand and the face is very tarnished.

Is it worth me taking in to Omega for repairs? Anyone know how much a reconditioned item like this might be worth?

If your granddad gave it to you, you'd better treasure it and get it repaired.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
Gullomega.jpg

Yes...price ...don't know but vintage Omegas notoriously hold their value ..not to forget the sentimental attachment of wearing you granddad's watch.
smile.gif

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Yes...price ...don't know but vintage Omegas notoriously hold their value ..not to forget the sentimental attachment of wearing you granddad's watch.
smile.gif

You are quite right about the sentimental value - crass of me to mention monetary worth- I think what I was trying to get at was how much reconditioning might be (roughly) compared to the value of a reconditioned watch.

Regardless I will be taking in to an omega dealer here and asking them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads