1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

6 pack

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Impulse155, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Impulse155

Impulse155 Well-Known Member

100th post on this topic [​IMG]
    Is this the most popular thread under body conciousness?
    still cant stress this enough, thakns everyone for their help [​IMG]
    ill try to be more active on the forum, give more advice, although all i can really help with is sharing experiences since im only 16 ;\\

2. captmomo

captmomo Well-Known Member

uh,
    one thing abt body fat, how is it measured?
    last yr i had a hormonal problem and my body fat percentage came in at negative 3%. how is tht possible? according to my doctor, its cos my body fat was too little to even register on the machine.
    for the record, my BMR was 1.3% above max limit.

3. colin_

colin_ Well-Known Member

uh,
    one thing abt body fat, how is it measured?
    last yr i had a hormonal problem and my body fat percentage came in at negative 3%. how is tht possible? according to my doctor, its cos my body fat was too little to even register on the machine.
    for the record, my BMR was 1.3% above max limit.

OK I dont even know where to start. First your body fat was not -3% and thats impossible. Whatever you used (probably some handheld device) is ridiculously inaccurate. I think the lowest possible bodyfat a man can achieve is something like 3%, and no offense but I doubt you are near this.

The most practical (pretty accurate) way to measure your bodyfat percentage is with a calipers. The most accurate way to measure bodyfat is the water displacement test, but it's expensive.. Do not use those electro-whatever handheld tests or scales because they are inaccurate and a waste of money.

However those devices can be a good way to show progress/change if used in a consistent manner for comparison; just the numbers will not be true.

4. captmomo

captmomo Well-Known Member

the doc wired me up to some machine and shit.
    will scan the results and post it or sth
    at that time i was 50kg and 1.75m

5. colin_

colin_ Well-Known Member

Sorry, it's wrong.

And it does not matter how tall you are and how little you weigh. That just means you have no muscle. You could be 150cm and 90kg and have less bodyfat. Its actually easier to maintain a lower bodyfat percentage when you have lost of mass (muscle).

Again I need to make it clear that body mass index, or just weighing little has NOTHING to do with having low bf.

hope this helped.

6. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Heres what i would normally eat a day
    Tell me if there would be any ways to fix it

Breakfast:
    Cereal bar: South beach diet one
    never really to hungry

Lunch:
    turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread
    2 fruits/vegetable usually carrot sticks, bannana, orange, califlower
    Low fat chewy garnola bar

Dinner:
    Usually a main meal: fish/chicken/steak/pasta etc
    Vegetable or 2 (not w/ the pasta unles you consider tomatoes) usually a potatoe/string beans/ asparagas/broccoli/califlower/corn etc...

Usually dont snack inbetween

Critique plz if you would

Everyone's different, so I hate to make general, blanket statements on here, but it might not hurt to up your protein intake and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. You don't really seem to take in many calories. Smaller, more protein dense meals, spaced at frequent intervals during the day, have a tendency to speed up one's metabolism. It's just tough to eat like this if you're a normal person with a full schedule.

7. Impulse155

yea, right now im basically working on toning myself (the six pack) some shows, not much tho [​IMG]. ive been doing planks/crunches/leg lifts/inverted crunches/some other weird leg lift/ and bicycle sit ups. still trying to do more, i think the protein would work however its tough, im 16 i dont have that huge of a selection to chosoe from however i try to make the better choices.

ive been eating oranges alot, any ideas on good fruits to snack on?

8. Valgar

Valgar Well-Known Member

Doing crunches isn't going to give you a 6 pack. You need to eat a 100% clean diet and reduce body fat %... I wouldn't recommend much fruit either because of sugar, you should look more into clean vegetables (not canned).

When lifting, work on compound exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, pullovers, dips, bent over rows, and pull ups.

Umm...really this entire damn thread already said all of that.

9. unknown force

unknown force New Member

do you know of any good 100% clean diets? because i'm also trying to tone my body and what not and i have no idea on what kind of foods to eat, all i know is i'm eating the wrong kind.

10. Impulse155

pretty much, the few things that i have to say, that i wud of done if i had to diet again.

Eat frequent meals

Eat lots of vegetables(much better then fruit)

Excercise alot, cardio, and working out.

Incorporate lots of protein, nuts are great.

11. alsback

alsback Well-Known Member

pretty much, the few things that i have to say, that i wud of done if i had to diet again.

Eat frequent meals

Eat lots of vegetables(much better then fruit)

Excercise alot, cardio, and working out.

Incorporate lots of protein, nuts are great.

squating is huge and works the core a lot more than people think(even says so in men's health)...also from first hand, the main abb workout that i did throughout my middle school years which gave me an incredible six pack was leg lifts. You basically lay on the floor either in front of a dresser or something you can put your hands behind you and grab on and then u basically lift your legs up and down. Works excellent. Also a low saturated fat diet with lots of protein and if you can get your hands on Mega Whey GNC brand protein mix, you will notice a difference. it's expensive though so if not just eat a lot. Your only 16 so your metabolism is going to be pretty high and your running a lot, i think you said 5 miles a day which is more than enough than you shouldn't be worrying about calories at all. I'm 17 run track and field and do around 30 miles a week(im a 400 and 800 runner) and go to the gym and workout a lot and don't really find myself having to watch calories to maintain a really toned body. Everyone's genetics are different though so it's hard to say do this and that and it's fine, everybody is different so you justh have to stick with what works for your body. Also don't fall into the thing of undereating and getting a six pack from being too skinny. That isn't the way to do it, your better off getting bigger first by non stop eating then take a few weeks of cardio and burning the fat right off. Hope I helped if you have anymore questions just hit me up.

12. Valgar

Valgar Well-Known Member

I don't even bother with ab workouts. You should be getting more than enough doing core exercises like squats, deadlifts, ect...

13. alsback

alsback Well-Known Member

I don't even bother with ab workouts. You should be getting more than enough doing core exercises like squats, deadlifts, ect...

well if you want really cut abs than doing ab specific workouts are good but your right it isn't needed but it won't hurt doing extra.

14. Impulse155

yea so.. ppl have been saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" So if i consume protein and work out, will i still be able to get a 6 pack" (working out like... 1-2 days a week.).

15. unknown force

unknown force New Member

you guy's keep talking about these 100% clean diets that are created to target losing body fat. does anyone have a diet plan that i can use? i'm willing to eat anything! it's just i'm new to the whole diet planning and don't know exactly where to look

16. Impulse155

there are no general diet plans that will work for every person, u gotta play around and find things that work for you. thats wut i did. and can anyone answer my question about the ab thingy.

17. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

yea so.. ppl have been saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" So if i consume protein and work out, will i still be able to get a 6 pack" (working out like... 1-2 days a week.).

working out 1-2 days a week sounds a bit low.

18. Impulse155

yea thats wut i thought, just wanted sum imput tho

19. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Well-Known Member

is milk required in an abs diet??just curious