1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. falsestart

falsestart Well-Known Member

Hey Sauce, I think you're going to have to get a booking agent.

Jeans look good-

2. Souper

Souper Well-Known Member

Sigh, too many purchases to make, not enough money. I will probably size up and cut the inseam down 2 inches to reduce taper, should result in adding ~1'' to the hem size in the chart.

I hate how sauce looks good in everything, what a bastard.

3. kbuzz

kbuzz Well-Known Member

Alright, I've been officially approved to give you a teaser. I told you they were skinny:

[​IMG]

looking a little skinny for those of us over 40 years

4. modual

modual Well-Known Member

looking a little skinny for those of us over 40 years

I'd say even over 30 years is pushing it. They do look quite skinny i must say

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Meh, I'm 29. Get your asses to the gym. [​IMG] You'll be able to see better when the rest of the pictures are posted, but while they are pretty skinny, it should be fairly easy to size up. And some forum members here will probably complain that they aren't skinny enough. As long as we have more or less equal numbers of people on both sides complaining, I figure 5ep/Mauro/Fok did a pretty good job.

The pics are pretty much taken. It's a matter of sorting out which ones will be used, but it shouldn't be too long now.

6. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Sauce is wearing a fairly small size (30?) and he has fairly well developed legs (no homo). He makes Nudie RR look slim, even though I swim in them.

Edit: Directed toward those complaining about the skinniness.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Hey, I'm 32, soon to be 33, and Mauro is older, and the jeans work fine for us [​IMG]

I would recommend sizing up one for a looser fit. However, ime, 5EP raw jeans stretch out by close to a full size, and pretty uniformly, so if you want a slim jean, I would recommend buying your regular size.

8. kbuzz

kbuzz Well-Known Member

over 30 is pushing it in general? or because the new jeans may be a bit skinny for those over 30?

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Over 30 is pushing it in general. May as well just pack it in and give up on life.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Over 30 is pushing it in general. May as well just pack it in and give up on life.

Really, anything over 25. What's the point?

11. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's funny how wanting my clothes to fit better is more motivating to me -- vis-a-vis gym-going -- than wanting to look good at the beach. SF has perverted my vanity values [​IMG] Sauce, get those damn pics up! I really want to try some 5EP denim and am hoping this cut will be suitable for me. My only concern is with a too-loose upper thigh or top block (compared to the slim lower leg).

12. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Oops, just read in the other thread that the pics are out of Sauce's hands now...

13. LA Guy

14. Godmother

Godmother Well-Known Member

Hey Guys....Just a quick note...Hitman say the jeans are not too skinny ( he normally wears LDB in 32 & he is 38 yrs old ) and with wear will
    " grow " nicely if you go with your regular size. If you want looser fit, take LA guys suggestion and size up, but the denim will grow if you don't wash it..maybe an 1" maximum waist wise. Remember show some love [​IMG] to Fok & Mauro and get a pair today...Lot 001 will go fast...and don't forget to post pics of your jeans once you get em.

15. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

^^ Hehe, forgot to edit for grammar.

I keeed. [​IMG]

16. Mayday981

Mayday981 Well-Known Member

I have a question, if I wear a 33 waist for the 5ep resin one wash should I size down one since it is going to expand?

17. LA Guy

I have a question, if I wear a 33 waist for the 5ep resin one wash should I size down one since it is going to expand?

I would say no. Go with the size 33. The jeans are slimmer in the top block than any of the other 2 5EP cuts.

18. doink

doink Well-Known Member

Yet another question on stretch and shrink, from an older guy who does not want to look like i am trying too hard.

Tried the 34's on last night and they fit perfectly through the waist, seat, and length wise, but were a bit tight around my thighs and knees.

Will they stretch around the knee and thigh, or am I out of luck?

How much will they shrink after a wash, especially in length. Nervous they will be too short and too tight. Losing weight is not an option (6'3 175 lbs who rides bikes)

Does another 5EP fit in the waist and seat like these, but have a slightly wider/straight leg (only need about a 1/4 inch, maybe)?

Great looking and feeling product.

19. LA Guy

5EP denim definitely stretches. They will typically stretch between 1/2 and 1 full size depending on the initial fit and the activities you pursue wearing them. The jeans will shrink in the wash (back to original size, and 1" in the leg) in hot, and somewhat less in warm or cold (recommended.) I typically wash mine in cold, and stretch the legs out while they are damp.

Yet another question on stretch and shrink, from an older guy who does not want to look like i am trying too hard.

Tried the 34's on last night and they fit perfectly through the waist, seat, and length wise, but were a bit tight around my thighs and knees.

Will they stretch around the knee and thigh, or am I out of luck?

How much will they shrink after a wash, especially in length. Nervous they will be too short and too tight. Losing weight is not an option (6'3 175 lbs who rides bikes)

Does another 5EP fit in the waist and seat like these, but have a slightly wider/straight leg (only need about a 1/4 inch, maybe)?

Great looking and feeling product.

20. Godmother

Godmother Well-Known Member

Try spraying with water until jean is damp on the inside of the jean at the thigh and knee and then do some squats with them on. The should stretch out and you don't have to worry about them shrinking...think of how your jeans grow when you get caught in the rain..same principle..then you can keep the RIGID look without having to soak or worry about shrinking...just two cents from Godmother.