• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5'11 120 lbs Need Fitting Clothes

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reals bro contact a dietician, to help you with your new vegan lifestyle.
patrik ervell jeans are super slim in the thigh.

Luucid

Reaction score

For reals bro contact a dietician, to help you with your new vegan lifestyle.
patrik ervell jeans are super slim in the thigh.

That's a good idea.. does insurance cover that?

I'll check em out

ac_slater

Reaction score
Really though, all joking aside, you are about 10 lbs away from a "dangerously underweight" classification. You are already medically underweight according to most BMI scales.

There's a reason why it's hard to find clothes to fit you. Put on 15 lbs and then make another thread. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm genuinely worried about your health.

Again, I am 5'7 and I weigh 135. People sometimes make fun of how skinny I am. I can't image what that means for you.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you eat supplements? Im not sure if most will intervene with your vegan diet.

You will have trouble finding brands, specially the ones that are not overly expensive. When I had a 35 chest and I found it really hard to get fitted clothes. I would try AX, their XS shirts/solid tees might fit, and they have free returns. As far as tops go, it was almost all I used to wear. Quality is quite decent and fit was great just wait for the sales.

Jeans you can try dior homme 17.5cm their thigh measurements for size below 30 are tiny.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the concern guys. I know I'm freakishly skinny and need to put on some weight. I'm new to this vegan thing and I know it's possible to gain a substantial amount of mass, I've seen really buff people on purely vegan diets. I've also never been over 140 lbs even when I was eating tons of unhealthy food so you can imagine how tough it is for me. I was 112 and have been trying to gain more weight, just trust me I seriously am trying it's just hard with my budget and metabolism. I'd much rather eat like I am now struggling to gain weight than be eating like I was before. Just suggestions now please? Thanks

iz9a2a.jpg

not sure if serious. Brb eating some bark and getting jacked.

Was a bit slimmer then you a few years ago. Fashion brands like dior homme made stuff to which fit me as well as brands like topman.

Last edited:

Michael_A

Reaction score
It's great that everyone is so concerned about OP's weight but he could also be completely fine. I am 6'6" and 160lbs which is exactly the same BMI as OP. I am in excellent health, work out almost every day, (2,000 meter swim 4x per week + gym 3x per week) and eat as much as I want. It's just that have a fast metabolism and not much body fat. I'm sure 100 years ago there would be a ton of people OP's size that were perfectly healthy and no one would be concerned - we've just all got a lot bigger!

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is, because you're so skinny, any clothing you can find that fits you will likely only emphasis how thin you are. I'm half an inch taller than you, but weigh 150. Even then, my arms and legs are rather thin (all my weight goes to my belly).

Last edited:

Michael_A

Reaction score
Dr. Huh ... I don't know if I ever ran across someone skinnier than me!

At age 50, I feel that the best thing is to be comfortable with the body we received and I've reached that stage finally. For me physical fitness & skill in some sport has made a big difference. That and the tailor!

Luucid

Reaction score

Really though, all joking aside, you are about 10 lbs away from a "dangerously underweight" classification. You are already medically underweight according to most BMI scales.
There's a reason why it's hard to find clothes to fit you. Put on 15 lbs and then make another thread. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm genuinely worried about your health.
Again, I am 5'7 and I weigh 135. People sometimes make fun of how skinny I am. I can't image what that means for you.

I know, I know and I understand everyone's concern. Like I said I'm trying to gain weight (even more so since making this thread lol) and that's all I can do right now. People don't make fun of me but even if they did I wouldn't care.

Luucid

Reaction score

iz9a2a.jpg

not sure if serious. Brb eating some bark and getting jacked.
Was a bit slimmer then you a few years ago. Fashion brands like dior homme made stuff to which fit me as well as brands like topman.

Ok, a lot of people have been recommending them, so I'm hoping I can find some clothes there. Also I've been really interested in just getting all my clothes tailored and buying cheaper clothes.

Luucid

Reaction score

It's great that everyone is so concerned about OP's weight but he could also be completely fine. I am 6'6" and 160lbs which is exactly the same BMI as OP. I am in excellent health, work out almost every day, (2,000 meter swim 4x per week + gym 3x per week) and eat as much as I want. It's just that have a fast metabolism and not much body fat. I'm sure 100 years ago there would be a ton of people OP's size that were perfectly healthy and no one would be concerned - we've just all got a lot bigger!

Yeah I don't feel unhealthy, I've been doing cardio too which I know isn't good for gaining weight but.. yea I just do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads