1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. dyzfunctioned

dyzfunctioned Well-Known Member

Was planning to order off Revolve, which still offers free returns but I'd have to pay to ship back the return. Good to know that the ST is slightly smaller though... looks like I'll either go for the ST in 31 or the SL in 30

EDIT: Looking at the sizing on Blue Owl I see that there's a big difference in sizing between the ST-200 and ST-100. In a 31 the ST-200 has a 33" waist which is why when I tried on a 30 in the ST-100 it was such a big difference (1.5" drop).

30.5" in the ST-100 (size 30) was too tight but the 32 and 33" in the SL-100 and ST-200 were too big so I'm thinking 31.5" is the sweet spot. A size 31 in the ST-100 might do it. The in-seam is 37" so I'd probably want them hemmed but then I wouldn't be able to return to SE/BOW.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Had a bad experience a few years ago when my first pair went into holes too quickly for 14oz denim so I returned 2 pairs.

Now they look much, much better and I'd like to try another pair, and they have half a dozen pairs in my size..

They look great...very tempting :)

3. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Yes, the hardware is amazing, and if the quality has picked up from 2009, then I'd happily order more - I ended up with a pile of holes but the fit was so good, I had the pattern copied in Kurabo 21oz denim in December 2012, which are my best jeans ever, having been wearing jeans since my mom let me have my first pair aged 11! The cut is great, and I'd definitely try the originals again.

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Mine stretched a bit, but I got sick and lost a pile of weight so they were falling off me at the end, but I think with tailoring the smallest size would work for me..:)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  5. crafty35a

crafty35a Member

Just a few shots of my SL-100's, which will be 4 years old in April. Sorry for the cell pics, can't seem to find my camera charger right now. These are actually a bit darker than they appear in the pictures. They are in need of some crotch repair very soon, I really need to track down a good tailor...

I don't wear my jeans as hard as some people do, but these have been through a lot, including being doused in gasoline when a gas pump exploded me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    9 people like this.
  6. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

These are legit ! Inspirational! Thanks for putting these up.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Hard to believe my SL-100's could ever look like that. After 60 days of almost daily wear they don't show the slightest bit of break-in/fading

8. crafty35a

crafty35a Member

I know how you feel. It seemed like it took forever for these things to start showing some wear. For that reason, I'm leaning towards one of the Japanese brands for my next pair (the SL's were my first, and still my only raw denim). On that note, does anyone have any suggestions for fits in other brands that are similar to the SL-100, but maybe just a bit slimmer below the knee? I've been eyeing the Strike Gold SG1105...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  9. rydenfan

1105's look nice but not sure how much more tapered they are. I really like the 3sixteen decade collection 15.5oz. They have a more indigo color. They seem like they will fade more quickly. Are the ST's too tapered for you? I wish my SL's were slightly smaller from the knee down as well but it's minor

10. some_guy

some_guy Member

I was thinking the same thing. I just got some, and I can't decide if I should return them, for this exact reason. I think they are probably this way so that boots will fit better in them?

11. rydenfan

My suggestion is to look at them in a full length mirror. They look a bit baggy at the knee to me when looking down at them but then whenever I look at them in a mirror they do look slimmer. I think that the fabric will relax over time as well. I wear mine regularly but they are a wider knee and leg opening then my other pairs

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  12. matty long legs

matty long legs Well-Known Member

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

I've had 3 pairs of 3 sixteen; great cut but although 14oz I went straight through the knees.

They fitted so well I'd be willing to have another go, but my 12oz Pbjs are holding up better than that (December 2012, regular wearing).

3 sixteen are nice denim though..:)

14. crafty35a

crafty35a Member

Can anyone speak to the difference between the current Kuroki denim used on the SL-100x, and the old Kaihara denim that they were previously made with? I'm thinking about buying a new pair to replace my old SL-100x (see pictures posted above), but that Kaihara denim literally took years to start fading for me.

1 person likes this.
  15. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know they'd changed mills!

I love their jeans , but have had quality issues with denim before.

If they've changed to Kuroki I'm very tempted to give them another shot...they have 3 pairs left in my size (or as close to it as you can get rtw):)

By the way, your jeans turned out great!!!

16. maltess

maltess Well-Known Member

17. Danny RnH

Danny RnH Active Member

The Kuroki selvedge that is custom woven for 3sixteen is extremely soft, almost silk-like on the skin. The has an even flatness at first but comes alive with regular wear. It's a really comfortable jean from day 1.

18. Johnny5

Johnny5 Well-Known Member

Slow fader? I only wear denims over the weekend and would want something that is less stubborn...

19. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

^ you probably want something unsanforized then. I think some (all?) of the 3Sixteen+/Self Edge models are unsanforized; the SL-100x is not. My SL-100xs are just starting to show minor wear after ~8 months of wearing them 2-3 times a week.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  20. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

I checked last night and the 3 pairs are still there...

I don't know how much longer I can resist them for...:)