• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any bigger guys have experience with the SL - 100X

I wear a 36 naturally, and looking at buying the 34s. Just wondering if anybody else can relate and share their thoughts and experience

three-six-oh

Reaction score
What fit of 3sixteens fit similar to N&F WG's? I went tts on the WG's cause I got monster thighs.

maka1

Reaction score
Hey I am probably gonna get a pair of ST-100x in 28, and I was wondering if i get the inseam hemmed from 37 to 30/31 would it look weird?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do any bigger guys have experience with the SL - 100X

I wear a 36 naturally, and looking at buying the 34s. Just wondering if anybody else can relate and share their thoughts and experience

I wear a 32, so I am not bigger, but if you normally are a 36, get the 36. These do not stretch like APC NS.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I really thought they'd stretch a bit!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also a size 36 true waist with a measuring tape.

I have worn Size 36 SL-100X 5 times now, for about 5 hours each time with 1 hour driving in a car.

It fits great in the thighs and below. But the waist has stretched out that it won't stay up on my waist without a tightly-cinched belt.

DId I size too big? Or can I take in the waist at a tailor? I noticed the two back-most belt loops are at an angle. Taking the waist in would straighten them out....
colgate.gif

So you may recommend sizing down to the 34?

rmstephenson

Reaction score
I am a big big guy by SF standards. I'm 6'4" 235 with a 39-40" waist. The one time I asked about the fit on bigger jeans I got told to lose weight, haha.

In any case, I tried the size 38 SL100s and they were sloppy loose on me. Sized down to the 36 and they were pretty damned tight, soaked them and stretched them out to be comfortable and have a nice slim straight fit.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a big big guy by SF standards. I'm 6'4" 235 with a 39-40" waist. The one time I asked about the fit on bigger jeans I got told to lose weight, haha.
In any case, I tried the size 38 SL100s and they were sloppy loose on me. Sized down to the 36 and they were pretty damned tight, soaked them and stretched them out to be comfortable and have a nice slim straight fit.

I hate it when people say that ****. Just be you man. Glad you found something that works

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my SL-100x's! I love them! Size 34, and I typically wear a 36.

Last edited:

Royal42

Reaction score
Interested in seeing fit pics and a complete description of how they fit. (It's near impossible to gauge size based on measurements provided by retailers as they are usually completely off.)

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interested in seeing fit pics and a complete description of how they fit. (It's near impossible to gauge size based on measurements provided by retailers as they are usually completely off.)

I might tak fit pics for you (although I'm very shy so we'll see!). I had a pair of APCs and N&F - I sold them - and I bought some Nudies Hank Rey and Average Joe and the ST-100x (by mistake - wrong item delivered), which were all returned. So I took measurements of all them and purchased the SL-100x according to BlueOwls measurements. I was looking for a rises > 11" and a waist around 35-35.5". The 34" SL fit snug on the waist, so with slight stretch should be perfect. The thigh and leg are comfortable yet not baggy or tight. I really like them!

The Hank Rey has a great fit - I just wasn't sold on the stitching since they were going to be my only pair.

Royal42

Reaction score
I like the Hank Rey, as well. Though the taper from the knee down seemed a bit excessive.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a room with some large mirrors this morning (I swear this wasn't on purpose), so I took some pics. They are crappy and so is the lighting, but maybe that suits me hahaha.

For some reason the first photo is flipped. That was the worse photo anyway. I will also report back on any stretch worth mentioning.

oilpit

Reaction score
Does anybody have any fade pics of the 211 overdyed series?

I was thinking about getting some ST-100x, but the 211's are super cheap on 3sixteens website, I might have to go in that direction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads