• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen 14.5oz "Solid Black" Selvedge
solidblack.JPG
Another new release from 3sixteen's fall/winter 2012 line up....Solid Black is Back! 3sixteen first introduced their solid black denim in early fall of 2011 and this is the first production since. The denim fabric is woven in Okayama and custom made for 3sixteen. It is also the exact same fabric which is used on other 3sixteen denims, only difference being a different dye is used. This denim features a dyed black warp and weft which gives a consistent stark black color. The Solid Black is available in both the "Slim Straight" fit (model SL-220x) and the "Slim Tapered" fit (model ST-220x) and in sizes 28-36. 3sixteen Slim Straight 14.5oz Selvedge Denim in Solid Black - Model SL-220x *The 3sixteen SL-220x is a slim straight fit which has a slim silhouette, a medium rise, runs slim in the thighs, and has a slight taper from the thigh to the leg opening. * Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage * Warp and weft dyed black * 100% cotton * Tanner 3mm thick leather patch * Chainstiched hems and waistband * Belt loops sewn into the waist band * Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons * Red and white selvedge * Hidden selvedge coin pocket * Selvedge detail along button fly * Made in USA
7820000.1b.JPG
7820000.4b.JPG
7820000.5b.JPG
7820000.6b.JPG
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7820000 3sixteen Slim Tapered 14.5oz Selvedge Denim in Solid Black - Model ST-220x * The 3sixteen ST-220x is a slim tapered fit which has a slim form-fitting silhouette, has a medium/low rise, runs slim in the top block and thighs, and has a strong taper from the thigh to the leg opening. * Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage * Warp and weft dyed black * 100% cotton * Tanner 3mm thick leather patch * Chainstiched hems and waistband * Belt loops sewn into the waist band * Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons * Red and white selvedge * Hidden selvedge coin pocket * Selvedge detail along button fly * Made in USA
7820001.1b.JPG
7820000.7b.JPG
7820000.9b.JPG
7820000.8b.JPG
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7820001 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/09/3sixteen-145oz-solid-black-selvedge.html

husbands

Reaction score
just got my shadow selvage SL's from Blue Owl - extremely happy with the fit and color. can't wait to see how these fade.

my only previous 3sixteens are the black straight leg collab with self edge, which is thick denim and a bit more relaxed fit, good for winter wear

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I got my SL-120x shadow selvage last night from Blue Owl also. Loooove the jeans. The fit is pretty much spot on (I got size 30 and the waist is perfect right now, 1" of stretch will still be ok with a belt...maybe could size down but I like the fit so it's all good). I'll try to get some fit pics tonight and post them. I def need to get them hemmed as I am only 5'-8" and the inseam is ridiculous. I'm rocking a big double cuff for this weekend just to try to get a feel for the proper hem length...

My other pair of raw denim is Naked & Famous left hand twill weird guys which I've had since May of this year. I sized down probably 1 too many on those but they have stretched out and fit nicely...definitely snug but a nice tapered look. my complaint about them was always that the rise was too small. the new 3sixteens rise is perfect! much more comfortable in the top block and I can actually undo the fly buttons to take a leak unlike on my NF's where i would also need to undo the waist because of the small rise.

NF is much more rigid feeling and shinier but the Shadow's are super comfortable. They still have the raw denim feel but are much softer right off the bat. I hope the creases still form nicely. The shadows color is great! They look black from a distance but up close you can see they are a super deep navy blue. The fades on these should be awesome! The weight of the Shadow's also feels a little heavier than the LHT (which it is). These definitely will be jeans I will have for a loooong time. I'm planning on alternating the NF LHT's and 3sixteen Shadows daily so I should get some good life out of both pairs.

I kinda wish the stitching on the Shadows was a little more contrasting. The blue stitching blends in the with denim but I guess that's the point. These jeans almost look like chinos. Very cool regardless.

ajchen

Reaction score
Glad you guys like the jeans. The thread will begin to contrast with the jean more as they age. And don't worry about creases setting in, they feel soft because of the inside hand of the denim (this is characteristic of all our custom woven denim from Kuroki).

Enjoy them guys!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 3sixteen Double Black Jeans just showed up at all three Self Edge stores, available now in-store and online. They're available in both the straight and slim fits and measurements have been updated from the past runs:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82

The Shadow Selvedge jean is also available in-store, available online by tuesday.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
for anyone purchasing the shadow denim in the near future --- make sure you have a lint roller!!! these things attract lint and dog hair like it's their job. not a big deal, but kinda funny.

Ketawa

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the pockets on my new SL-120x shadows in case anyone is interested. They're about half an inch higher and shaped a little differently from previous runs.

SL-120x

Older SL-100x

Older ST-120x

Last edited:

ajchen

Reaction score

I love my SL-100s in dark indigo.  But I have only worn them with dark (black, brown) leather shoes and even so, they stained the light-colored leather edges of the shoes a dark blue.

I am hesitant to wear with light suede bucks, because they will be a write-off with the staining.  I am stacking the jeans, not cuffing.

What are my options to prevent staining?  A very thin cuff at the bottom?  I don't like that "break" in the stacking though.

Also, if I wear these jeans with a jacket with a light-coloured lining...will it stain?

Will an initial wash get rid of most of the staining?

Unfortunately that's going to be the case with almost any raw denim that you get into, ours included. Cuffing can help with this slightly but you'll notice the bleeding will drop off after a month or two of consistent wear. You could give them an intitial soak or wash, but the jeans will continue to bleed for that first month or so, there's really no way to get around this. Stick with the dark shoes until you can rub a piece of white paper on the cuff and you don't see blue coming off anymore.

sikeee

Reaction score

Should i pick up the SL shadows, or wait for the CS 100x? what do you guys think?
Whichever benefits your wardrobe the most.

Whether that be a roomier vintage silhouette (CS-100x) or a slim fit with an unconventional fade(SL Shadow).

Reaction score

Whichever benefits your wardrobe the most.
Whether that be a roomier vintage silhouette (CS-100x) or a slim fit with an unconventional fade(SL Shadow).

Man I just wish I knew more specs about the CS. The sl's I have fit well and the shadow is so cool, I'm hoping that by the time the CS drops there will still be some shadow avail so I can compare and decide.

Reaction score
By specs I mean the exact measurements. I've read they are basically a modern take on a '47 501, but still...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New 3sixteen Shadow Denim, Double Black Denim, and 3sixteen+ Women's Jeans

We've got seven new styles from 3sixteen this week, four jeans for men and three for women.

For men we've got the new Shadow Selvedge denim from 3sixteen with an indigo warp and black weft. The denim was developed by 3sixteen and custom woven by Japan's Kuroki Mill. The Shadow Selvedge jean comes in both 3sixteen's signature straight and slim tapered fits. This denim will age over time with a super high contrast fade due to the fact that the jean starts dark yet the blue warp threads are rope dyed with indigo.

We've also received the Double Black jeans, a black denim which has a black warp and weft for a very dark black look. This jean is stitched together with black thread and comes with a black dyed leather patch. The Double Black jeans are also available in both straight and slim tapered fits.

For women we've got three new 3sixteen+ jeans made of a great pure indigo dyed stretch selvedge denim woven by Cone's White Oak plant. The denim is made of American Supima cotton which is shipped to North Carolina to be spun into yarn then woven into denim by Cone Mills. These new 3sixteen+ jeans for women come in a skinny fit, a straight slim fit, and a bootcut fit. All the jeans have a zipper fly and an embossed New York Dolls themed leather patch design.

All seven of these new styles are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more photographs.

Shop 3sixteen Online

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

316_SL120X_01.jpg

316_SL120X_04.JPG

316_SL120X_05.JPG

316_SL220X_001.JPG

316_SL220X_004.JPG

316_SL220X_006.JPG

316_77BSP_01.JPG

316_88BSP_01.JPG

316_99BSP_01.JPG

316_99BSP_04.JPG

316_99BSP_05.JPG

316_99BSP_06.JPG

316_99BSP_07.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads