1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Big Texas

Big Texas Well-Known Member

Raw denim in moderate to heavy weights is never going to soften up to feel like lightweight, non-raw denim. It's a thicker cloth, and it's inherently stiffer.

I have several pairs of 3sixteens in my rotation. The first pair is about a year and a half old. I used to wear it about once every other week (non-casual workplace), but since switching to a jeans-friendly workplace, I've started wearing them about twice or three times a week. Only now have they begun to soften up a bit. No soaks or washes yet, either, so the starch is still there. At any rate, even when I do get around to washing them, I'm not expecting them to come out feeling like cotton bedsheets or anything.

SL-100s are a 14.5oz denim, if memory serves (too lazy to look it up at the moment). This isn't a 21oz set of chainmail or anything, but it's certainly a heavy cloth. It's a bit closer to the original, workwear-intended denim of the olden days.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    SL would most definitely be closest to NS, though coming from a 3 year old pair of New Standards I'm a fan of my slim tapers - the difference isn't massive but its a bit closer to the leg throughout.

We've just received a restock in holes in our inventory for Indigo in both SL and ST along with some Shadow Selvedge, which is soon to be on back order.

5. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

6. trig

trig Well-Known Member

you're asking the owner of selfedge if there's a place that has them cheaper?! haha.

anyhow, no you're unlikely to find them cheaper since 3sixteen doesn't allow discounting of their jeans anywhere. your only hope is to score a pair on the B&S section of this forum or ebay.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  7. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

lmaooo i did not realize he was the owner.. thats funny..

[​IMG]

That price seems very fair for the quality of denim, I was just wondering if there were any other competing stores that might of had it cheaper.

8. K2793

K2793 Well-Known Member

Price is more then fair. If you like it, buy it lol. You won't find 3sixteen cheaper

9. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Thats as cheap as it gets, we sell at retail and shipping is free to you.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Just buy it from self edge. Store is awesome.

11. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

+1. Great customer service and great product because they know their shit and they care about it.
    [​IMG]

12. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

I've got two pair with some repairs done on on and ill get a third when my SLs near death

13. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

Thanks all of yall for the input.

I will try to pass by the NY store soon to try them on.

14. ajchen

ajchen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Antonio S. | SL-100x

15. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    We've Received a restock on our indigo & shadow selvedge in both the SL & ST - if you're a New England local and you've wanted to peep these in person come on up and we'll be happy to help!

We're also stocking the tee shirts, which are excellent by the way. I want to stock my closet doug funny style full of the gray pocket tee.

16. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

ST is only available for the indigo, correct?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  17. trig

trig Well-Known Member

incorrect. if there's an SL version there's usually an ST version. Indigo, overdyed black, shadow, double black, raw grey.

18. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

19. ylkim30

ylkim30 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the SL-120x cut.

The APC New Standard in 34 fits me very well in the waist and thigh. Should I get the SL-120x in a size 34 or a 36? (I understand New Standards stretch in the waist more than is typical).

20. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Well-Known Member

Anyone ever size UP on the ST-100x? I got a pair in 33, but wear 32 normally. The 33s fit me perfectly around waist, not too loose, not too tight and I'm happy with the rest of the fit. From what I gather, stretch isn't too bad on these new models, but will I still end up with a massive waist?

The stockist I got them from doesn't have 32s yet, but I might end up waiting just to try.