1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I sent mine to Railcar. No complaints. In the past I used a local seamstress for another pair of SLs and the stitching was pretty crooked/sloppy (and no chain stitch on the hem if you care about that), though maybe you'd have better luck.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

I figured Railcar would be the way to go. Wasn't sure if Self Edge did tapering. I know they do repairs and hemming.

Does only tapering from the inside of the legs throw off the fades at all? My jeans are pretty faded already...don't want the honeycombs behind my knee to wrap around to the front lol.

3. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Anyone see the F/W lookbook? I'm not big on type III jackets but the new duck versions look awesome - might have to give the olive a try.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Every pic that post on IG lately is straight [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Majorly stepped up their outerwear game for F/W

5. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have my eye on the charcoal stadium jacket, Hoping the measurements are large enough to work for me. I sent them an email awhile back about outerwear and they mentioned releasing an indigo twill non-waxed stadium jacket for this season as well, so it's possible we may not have seen the entire collection.

The flannel assortment looks nice.

6. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

Agreed with everyone the FW IG shots are all so good.
    Really love the duck camo over shirt !

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

I could see myself with almost every piece that Ive seen from their F/W collection

8. Mghart

Mghart Well-Known Member

x2 really fantastic collection. Really anxious to try/see the rancher jackets

9. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Only thing I'm hesitant about with the ranch jacket is the chest pocket seems really high. Sort of throws the balance off for me, if that makes sense.

10. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Well-Known Member

Really impressed with the F/W collection. I will be definitely checking out the Olive Type 3s and some of the Stadium Jackets.

11. TennesseeWill

TennesseeWill Member

Y'all, quick question on the 3sixteen Heavyweight Hoodie. How large/flimsy/fitted is the hood?

I ask because I'd like to layer it under a leather jacket, but 3sixteen got rid of the drawstrings. Having formerly worked for Patagonia, I found drawstrings to be an absolute necessity when the temperature drops. Otherwise you end up with the hood over your eyes or your hood just flies off when windy. I'd like to avoid that, so thought I'd ask what your experiences are with the Heavyweight Hoodie hood before purchasing.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  12. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

I have the grey and black heavyweight hoodies and they are some of my most worn and favorite articles of clothing. You bring up a good question about the hood and I think I have some good news. I've layered those hoodies in super cold and windy conditions (think SF ocean beach at night) and had no trouble with visibility or the hood flapping off. The material is indeed super heavyweight so the hood tends to stay put once set on your head. It is oversized so if you put it all the way forward it could restrict vision, but when stationary I find it comfortable. It's one of those hoods that covers like your entire head and sides and that is naturally going to restrict some vision but it's intended to be that way. Place it in a spot that's comfortable and allows for good vision and it will stay put in extreme wind. Worth a try for you, I don't think this hoodie has the problems you are concerned about. Their webstore has returns as well.

13. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

Anyone know when self edge will be getting to new season in stores (specifically the nyc shop)?

14. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

Since SE is run by the 3sixteen crew I would imagine they will drop at all of their retailers first before they put them in their own shop which just opened as well. SE will prob have them then I would guess to be fair to their partners who are mostly small business boutiques. SE stores have a huge loyal following online for their available Japan repro brands as well as the 3/16 stuff so it might take away business from their retailers if people just decided to buy thru the SE site instead of their local store. Just my guess though.

15. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

3sixteen x CHUP Socks, Crosscut Flannels, & High Rise Skinny Women's Jeans

A shipment of socks, shirts, and jeans from 3sixteen has just landed at all of our stores.

They've gotten together with Japan's famed CHUP company to produce a set of patterned socks where the blue/navy areas are indigo-dyed; over time the sock's pattern will change as the indigo wears and washes out.

We've also received this year's version of their popular crosscut flannel shirt, this time in a great orange color

We know many have been waiting for a higher rise skinny jean from 3sixteen+ and they've finally arrived. These are available now in both an indigo denim and a black/black "eyeliner" denim.

Shop 3sixteen Online

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JayBeee

JayBeee Member

Looking to trade a pair of brand new SL-100x (Size 31) for a CT-100x in the same size.

#Bigbootyproblems

17. trig

trig Well-Known Member

just my experience, in case it helps but I don't wear the same size between the 2 cuts. For ST and SL I wear 33 but for the CT I wear a 31.

18. JayBeee

JayBeee Member

Appreciate the input. I think I should have gone bigger on these to begin with. My recent experience tells me I should have sized the SL/ST for my thighs.

According to the measurements the CT should fit about the same except with a longer rise?

19. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

I have a size 30 in the CT and I have a size 33 in ST, which I think might be a hair big in the waist.

20. JayBeee

JayBeee Member

That seems about what I'll be working with. Probably should have gone with a 32-33 in the S-cuts to fit my thighs better but they would have been too big on my waist.