1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

2. ajchen

ajchen Well-Known Member

Heads up everyone who's coming to the sample sale on Saturday - we had to move the start time back from 10am to 11am. Sunday hours remain the same. I'm sure some of you will arrive early anyways but wanted to let you know so that you could plan accordingly. See you there!

3 people like this.
  3. Boyd

Boyd Well-Known Member

I think the olive looks great, but I like olive color in general

4. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

@ajchen When do the Stadium jackets usually get released? Is it a seasonal or bi-seasonal deal or just annually? I'm a little late to the party for the black but hoping that it will come back eventually? I read here that you only release a couple colors at a time but surely you'll run out of colors to make and decide black always works right? ;)

Also what kind of measuring format do you guys use for sizing your products on ur site? I'm looking at snagging a couple of the Heavyweight tees for my bday but when I look at the size specs you guys posted and compared those to some other sites like Self Edge the two aren't the same. Since im right at the cusp of a XL with a L being to small I want to make sure I go with the right size.

5. Boyd

Boyd Well-Known Member

The stadium jacket always go sold out very quickly, 3sixteen should consider making longer runs of this model.

6. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Well-Known Member

A couple of questions, as I'm looking at my first pair of 3sixteen in several years and don't recall all of the details from my previous pair...

1. Are the front pockets the same depth on all models, and are all deep enough for a typical smartphone?

2. I've looked at different sites' measurements and am a little confused about how the cuts compare; would it be fair to say that an SL will fit similarly from the thigh up to an ST sized up one (so a 32 SL having a similar top block to a 33 ST)?

3. Any plans for upcoming resin coated jeans similar to the old black-resin-on-indigo-denim jeans from a while back? Had forgotten about these (I sized wrong and ended up giving away) but was recently reminded how awesome the fabric was!

Thanks!

7. TimelesStyle

Ok, so I got to try some SL-120x in a 32 and I could barely get them the last inch up my thigh, and they were about an inch or two from being able to close at the waist. So, now the question is what to do, so I'd appreciate some guidance on the following:

1. If I can't even get a 32 to close, and the thigh is skin tight, I'm assuming I'll want a 34, not a 33?

2. With the above in mind, how would I want to size the ST-120x or should I not even bother trying?

3. SL-120x is sold out on 3sixteen's site in 33 and 34 (I prefer to buy from them direct since they offer refunds); how often do they restock these?

4. Would I be best off with the CT fit instead, even though I prefer the rise of the SL/ST, and does 3sixteen sell the CT-120x, or just BO?

Thanks!

8. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

3Sixteen CT-120x http://www.blueowl.us/collections/3...denim-classic-tapered-fit?variant=10297017217

3sixteen+ 32BSP http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1289

3sixteen+ 30BSP 15.5oz http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1017

check these cuts. all three of these have a little more room inthe thigh than the SL, CT moreso than the BSPs. top two are shadow denim and the 30BSP that's just a really nice 15.5 oz material

9. TimelesStyle

Thanks. Who's measurements would you consider most accurate (since 3s, SE and BO all have slight variations for the exact same jean)?

I also don't know that I need a roomier jean, per se, it's possible I just sized wrong. My "typical" jeans size is a 32 or 33, but perhaps 3sixteen just doesn't vanity size as much as others, in which case I may just need to go bigger.

10. mike1445

The BSPs are exclusive to self edge so that should be the only site that has measurements for all three styles. They'll stretch but you want to be able to get them on from the get go, any way you can get to a location to try them out?

11. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

The BSPs are not totally exclusive to Self edge. I know of a few retailers that stock 3Sixteen that carry these.

12. TimelesStyle

Which others, out of curiosity?

There's a store here in Chicago that I think has the ST in a 34, so if I can get over there that will work. However of the potential "matches" that's the only one I can get locally.

13. mike1445

I stand corrected, thanks

1 person likes this.
  14. whereeaglesdare

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/3sixteen/3sixteen-30bsp-raw-indigo-selvedge-jean.html

http://scout.heddels.com/brands/3sixteen-plus/denim-jeans/3sixteen-30bsp-raw-denim-jeans

http://www.bigtroublestore.com/collections/3sixteen/products/3sixteen-30bsp-straight-tapered

http://www.meadowweb.com/art/3sixteen-30bsp-indigo-selvage.php

Hope that helps.

15. TimelesStyle

So here's a slightly, uh, um, embarrassing fit question/issue...

I received SL and ST 210s in the mail today and tried them. SL are too bit all around in the proper waist size, while ST fit perfectly with one exception: there appears to be some serious moose knuckle action going on, however the jeans don't feel too tight. Is this an issue of material stiffness, or just them being the wrong cut for me (not quite enough butt/upper thigh room, which causes pulling you-know-where)?

I'll do everyone the favor of not posting fit pics, but would like to know if others experienced the same initial appearance and if it went away as the fabric softened.

16. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

When can we expect a restock/re-drop of the stadium jackets? It mentions they are a core item but I've been checking back for months with no good news.

17. 45bur

45bur Well-Known Member

I think they only come out in the fall.

18. whereeaglesdare

Looking like an August/September delivery.

I can't work out what colour I want ! Black, Indigo or Green ?

19. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

Any more short sleeve button downs coming? Loving the black ise one!

20. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

After speaking with 3sixteen directly, I think they're planning on black and charcoal for next release. I'm sure they will both be nice. What's the general care requirements for something of the waved canvas variety? I own nothing currently in waxed canvas and I feel like I'm missing out big time.

1 person likes this.