1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

30 Vintage Brooks Brothers 15.5 - 33 Shirts. A Bonanza!

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by 89826, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    When I got my first real job, I bought many Brooks shirts in size 15.5 - 33. After a little while, I figured out my true size was 15.5 - 34. I have kept those shirts hanging in my closet all these years. Around 27 years in fact. So these are shirts from the glory years of Brooks: no lining in the cuffs and collars. Before Marks and Spencer bought the company. I wish to hell that I had bought the right size and magically forgotten to wear them.

I thought about using them to make boxers, but they are too nice. They deserve a better fate.

I have 30: 6 blue ocbd (the fabric is amazing, much nicer than the current stuff), 8 pinpoint oxford cloth in blue, white, pink, and yellow, and the remainder in a mix of classic patterns and colors from that era. Most are button downs, a few have straight (tennis) collars.

The condition of almost all is pristine. One or two of the pinpoints have wear to the cuffs, but they are still entirely usable in a formal office.

I am only willing to sell these as a lot- otherwise it turns into an ordeal. All are made in the USA. If you didn't already know that, these shirts probably aren't for you. Price is $1,000, or under $35 a shirt. Shipping extra. Serious enquiries only please.

Edit: The pink pinpoint color is insanely nice.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.