1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

$25 Chambray from Target

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by petitnoblesse, Mar 19, 2010.

1. insomb

insomb Well-Known Member

I believe a lot of the larger chain stores create deceptive photographs. Anyone remember this one from J. Crew's own web site last year?

That's poor. I imagine they cut them more baglike to fit more people or something... Idk, I don't get why we have to pay more for non-fat people clothing. I'm not really feelin' Crew that much anymore. I think the repp ties are alright, but the shirts all fit like shit, even the Maisons, jeans suck... I bought some cords from them on sale but that's it all year. I wish Gant would go more mainstream and replace these fuckers.

And sticking with the thread, I don't care if the shirt is free, no chambray target shirts for me.

2. eightysixed

eightysixed Well-Known Member

I took a look at this shirt yesterday. I agree with the previous comment about cheap stitching. Reminded me of an H&M L.O.G.G. shirt. Also, all the shirts I examined had some amount of fraying. These appear to be pre-distressed. I didn't try one on.

3. Guyute

Guyute Well-Known Member

4. jekyoo_style

jekyoo_style Well-Known Member

5. el es dee

el es dee Well-Known Member

I like mine, it fits pretty well and looks good. Also, it does get softer after a few washes.

6. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Well-Known Member

I like mine, it fits pretty well and looks good. Also, it does get softer after a few washes.

Hmmm...may have to go see if there are any left locally. Worth a trip.

7. Biggie_Robs

Biggie_Robs Well-Known Member

Hmmm...may have to go see if there are any left locally. Worth a trip.
    The stitching looked like shit when I spotted some at the local tarjay. It may still be worth the money, but make sure to look it over before you buy.

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Buncha Chambros(TM) in this thread.

9. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

best chambray value right now is Lands End Canvas

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

lol. the shirts posted in here look really awful. even the jcrew one looks better.

yea, it's funny because even at the stores you'll see mannequins with pins and ties and shit all in them. Whoever said it's so people see it looking really cool and good on the model/mannequin but then able to fit most people is right. Sure you can size down on crew and all but then it's gonna fit weird elsewhere like the people in the jcrew thread posting slim fit shirt pics with their shoulder seam all fucked up

11. RegTheBlasian

RegTheBlasian New Member

My choice

12. red120

red120 Well-Known Member

lol. the shirts posted in here look really awful. even the jcrew one looks better.

yea, it's funny because even at the stores you'll see mannequins with pins and ties and shit all in them. Whoever said it's so people see it looking really cool and good on the model/mannequin but then able to fit most people is right. Sure you can size down on crew and all but then it's gonna fit weird elsewhere like the people in the jcrew thread posting slim fit shirt pics with their shoulder seam all fucked up

Agreed.

It's pretty bad.. was in Banana Republic the other day, and they had at least 3-4 inches pinned at the back.

It's like they know that people won't look in the mirror and see what they see, after trying stuff on.