1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

$225 Black Fleece Thom Browne Blue/White Oxford BB1 15"x 34"

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by VanRitz, May 23, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VanRitz

VanRitz Well-Known Member

Retailed for $225.

This is probably the best oxford cloth button down shirt that I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I wear a 35"- 36" sleeve and have a 16" neck, so this is just a hair too small on me. My loss is your gain.

• Has the now-elusive long collar that creates a great roll when buttoned, worn with or without a tie
    • 100% cotton fabric is a thick and sturdy oxford cloth in the classic pattern of blue on white stripes
    • Buttons are beautiful genuine mother of pearl
    • Side gussets are sewn in to reinforce side seam at the bottom of the shirt
    • Box pleated at the rear to allow for greater movement
    • Thom Browne's signature locker loop sewn under rear collar
    • Split yoke has impressive pattern matching of stripes
    • Single outer chest pocket, with no button or flap
    • Mitered barrel cuffs with gauntlet button
    • Shirt fronts overlap at bottom of button placket or prevent gaping when tucked in

Fit is slim and flattering but certainly not skinny. I have an relatively athletic build with a 38" chest and a 32" waist and find this shirt to fit very well when tucked in, without needing to be taken in at the waist or covered by a tailored jacket.

Tagged a size BB1, which corresponds to a size 15" neck with 34" sleeves. Appears to fit true to tagged size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.