1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

21st Birthday---- What to drink??

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

Followed by a Golden Girls marathon?
    Don't knock it til you try it. Yup, actually done it, it owns.

2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

Don't knock it til you try it. Yup, actually done it, it owns.

Oh.....was that before or after the Yankees game?

[​IMG]

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

^ Am I missing an inside SF joke here? Is that tiecollector?

4. FLMountainMan

^ Am I missing an inside SF joke here? Is that tiecollector?

No, just a reaching attempt at humor on my part.

5. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

No, just a reaching attempt at humor on my part.

That's a Stretch Armstrong reach.

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

That's a Stretch Armstrong reach.
    Were you hoping for the strong arm stretch reach around? No, that isn't me, but I wish it were!

7. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Were you hoping for the strong arm stretch reach around?

Actually no, I wasn't.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

9. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Are you alive? [​IMG]
    Yeah. He didn't even get drunk!!!!

I don't know whether to congratulate kwilk or mourn for him.

10. kwilkinson

Are you alive? [​IMG]

I made it through the experience. It was a pretty damn good time. Live Irish folk music, drinks, friends, family.

In total: 4 Jameson's 18's, about half a Smithwicks, and somehow got conned into an Amaretto Sour.

Maybe I took it easy cause I didn't really get drunk....although I was feeling it to say the least.

11. FLMountainMan

I made it through the experience. It was a pretty damn good time. Live Irish folk music, drinks, friends, family.

In total: 4 Jameson's 18's, about half a Smithwicks, and somehow got conned into an Amaretto Sour.

Maybe I took it easy cause I didn't really get drunk....although I was feeling it to say the least.

Just "feeling it" is the best intoxication. You avoid the idiotic decisions of drunkeness and the boring righteousness of sobriety. Well-played.

12. Hugo

Hugo Well-Known Member

What to drink out on your 21st birthday? Whatever you've been drinking out the last three years! [​IMG]

Make that last seven years, atleast where I come from.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

14. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

how apt. I'm turning 21 in a few weeks...

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

how apt. I'm turning 21 in a few weeks...

You haven't aged a bit!

16. GTC1187

GTC1187 Member

Pick a drink and stick with it.

Do this. Ordering something different everytime will make you appear an amateur and a cad.

I for one enjoy a double Jack on the rocks as my preferred drink, every bar has it and its simple.

17. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Do this. Ordering something different everytime will make you appear an amateur and a cad.

Also, it can play havoc with your stomach.

18. kwilkinson

Also, it can play havoc with your stomach.

This is untrue, at least in my case. On most Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays (and sometimes 2-3 days during the week) I'll drink wine all day at work, grab a beer before I leave work, and then at the bar I usually have at least one of each of the following: A beer, a mixed drink (not necessarily a cocktail but a gin and tonic or something), a shot of tequila, and scotch.

I have yet to have my stomach be fucked up from that.

My head, most certainly.

19. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

Do this. Ordering something different everytime will make you appear an amateur and a cad. I for one enjoy a double Jack on the rocks as my preferred drink, every bar has it and its simple.
    Bullcrap. I've never had issues with lots of different drinks. And I've been doing that with regularity. I have a friend who's been hanging out with me for the past few weekends who just turned 21 not long ago, so I've been taking it upon myself to introduce him to the cocktail world. I've made it a point to not repeat a single drink. Neither of us has ever had an issue. The only time I've had a stomach issue, it was due to quantity, not type. And if you think people are actually keeping track of what you drink each time and judging you based on it... Unless you're the guy who keeps ordering fruit daiquiris (or any other sweet shit that people would judge you for drinking as anything more than a one off), no one will care. Also, have you tried Evan Williams instead of the Jack? Aged longer, better flavor profile (IMO) and cheaper. And really, are you at a bar for simple? The entire point of such an establishment is that they stock loads of stuff and make all the random drinks so you don't have to. Bars are there so you can get your Harvey Wallbanger fix, because really, who wants to stock Galliano at home, or for trying scotches that you don't want to pay for without a taste, or for having those zombies that you just don't want to deal with making.

20. NonPoly

NonPoly Active Member

Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose Grey Goose and wine