1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

2012 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

?

1. F

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. L

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. O

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. R

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. D

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  7. A!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  8. S

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. T

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. A

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  11. T

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  12. E!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  13. FLORIDA STATE!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  14. FLORIDA STATE!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  15. FLORIDA STATE!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  16. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  17. LET'S

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  18. GO

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  19. PANTHERS!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. airblaster503

airblaster503 Well-Known Member

Didn't have high hopes for my team this year, but losing to Sacramento State pretty much kills any hope there was. And now we have Wisconsin next week in Camp Randall, going to be a massacre. Only positive is we have the leading rusher in CFB at the moment, will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the season.

2. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Maryland's uniforms were amazing. I am biased as alumni. Was at the game tonight, what a finish.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Fuck you and your shitty uniforms too!

Fucking Canes. This is going to be a rough year. Thank god I barely pay attention.

1 person likes this.
  4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Rambo, I hate to say it, but everyone loves when the Hurricanes lose.

I know how it feels to love the most hated team, though. I'm a life long Cowboys fan.

2 people like this.
  5. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Bobo's playcalling is absolutely baffling. Even when he does open it up some, he calls somethng completely boneheaded on the next play. For example, it was great to see Georgia try to throw down the field on first down, but it was infuriating to see Bobo call a run up the middle on second-and-10 when the pass didn't work out.

There's a part of me that hopes BSU was just that good, and Georgia will bounce back against USC this week, continuing to improve dramatically as the young guys gain experience. However, it's hard to have a lot of faith in that happening right now. I could have dealt with it if Georgia had simply lost to BSU - there's no shame losing to a top-five team - but what concerns me is how similar Saturday night looked to last season. It's one thing to lose to a great team; it's another thing entirely to lose while making the same mistakes that got you into trouble last year, especially when all of the offseason talk centered around fixing those mistakes.

This weekend will be very, very telling for Georgia.

Incorrect.

It's disturbing to me that Tech fans are so content with being the little brother who has simply accepted the fact that big bro will beat on them whenever he feels like it.

His seat's not as hot as everyone seems to think, at least not yet. Beat USC this weekend, and all the "hot seat" talk will vanish.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Oregon got dropped like some hot lead or some such shit.

USA Today Poll
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Oklahoma (43) 1-0 1454
    2 Alabama (9) 1-0 1412
    3 LSU (7) 1-0 1366
    4 Florida State 1-0 1198
    5 Boise State 1-0 1197
    6 Stanford 1-0 1180
    7 Oklahoma State 1-0 1038
    8 Texas A&M 1-0 997
    9 Wisconsin 1-0 988
    10 Nebraska 1-0 910
    11 Virginia Tech 1-0 863
    12 South Carolina 1-0 827
    13 Arkansas 1-0 786
    14 Oregon 0-1 752
    15 Ohio State 1-0 686
    16 Michigan State 1-0 584
    17 Mississippi State 1-0 497
    18 Florida 1-0 375
    19 Missouri 1-0 309
    20 Penn State 1-0 247
    21 Texas 1-0 231
    22 Auburn 1-0 197
    23 Arizona State 1-0 189
    24 West Virginia 1-0 185
    25 TCU 0-1 140

7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Texas beats fucking Rice and moves into the top 25. I have no idea how good Texas is this year and might never find out if I don't figure out who will go through the trouble of getting the Longhorn Network.

1 person likes this.
  8. edinatlanta

Well Rice is known for its prowess on the gridiron, so that ought to tell you something, no?

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

pretty sure texas was ranked in the USA today poll going into the season. they were unranked in AP and now they're in and LOLburn is out of that one.

10. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    ^^ Neither Auburn nor TCU belong in that top 25.

On a more important note, Texas A&M to the SEC is almost official, provided someone finds a way to appease Baylor.

Story

11. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Another reason to hate the Baptists with a passion.

12. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

LulzyLulzy-Lulz!!!

[​IMG]

13. edinatlanta

:fistbump:

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

No one else is sad at the implosion of the Big 12? I like the regional rivalries. :(

15. edinatlanta

what i don't get is why don't these schools form their own conference rather than trying to join another? I mean if you have UT, OU, BYU Arkansas, + a few other "legit" football schools, surely a BCS berth would come with that...

16. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I do, actually, but Texas took advantage of a situation that is unfair in a purist's sense but is par for how college football has been and becoming more dominated with. Because of that, the rest of the conference schools need to act quickly to maintain the strength of their position and not just become a bitch of Texas.

That being said, the most exciting prospect is Texas becoming a Pac-whatever team and I get to see them play at least once a year in person.

17. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Well-Known Member

The conferences control the TV contracts already... that's a big part of it. Also why ND won't join a conference and why the Big 10 and SEC are attracting new teams (they each have a dedicated network plus a major TV deal w/ ABC and CBS, respectively). As far as I know, the bowl bids are owned by the TV networks and apportioned to the conferences with the TV deals. That's also why each team in a conference gets a portion of the money when one team makes a BCS bowl.

18. munchausen

The money is ruining college football. Say what you will, but the sport used to have a sense of history and integrity. Now it's all a bunch of jerks chasing big bucks.

The Texas OU rivalry is a big deal to North Texas and is older by far than all this BCS nonsense. Now they are acting like breaking it up because UT wants to run a tv network that nobody watches.

19. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll break that up regardless of what conference OU sits in. UF and FSU manage to play a rivalry game every year, despite being in different conferences.

That said, the money comes with good and bad. It's nice to be able to watch more than one college football game per Saturday.

20. munchausen

I'd hope not. There's been some talk about it but I'm hoping it's idle chatter.