1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. xizenta

xizenta Well-Known Member

haha. Does anyone have experience canceling a pledge? After I got that e-mail back from them "answering" my question I was really turned off to the company. I don't know if I want this anymore :/.

I measured my own knee at 17" around with a measuring tape, and my thigh was 24". The size 36 slim fit says 16.8" and 24.4", I'm thinking it's not really gonna work. I wouldn't mind the straight fit, if the cuffs weren't like 19 inches.

2. dlebowski

dlebowski Member

My opinion is turning. While I wish the rise was a bit lower, I've been giving them a try, and I'm pretty happy with them. Something in between their slim and straight with a lower rise would be perfect.

Overall, I'd buy again if an interesting fabric choice comes along.

3. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Got my size 29 slim fit 1776 and heavy American yesterday. Trying to break in the 1776 right now and it's a tight fit in the waist and thighs. Hoping to break them in asap as I can't even do a full squat in these! Briefly tried on the heavy American but wasn't even close to closing it. It's definitely lot stiffer than the 1776 and feel like it's gonna take a lot longer to break in. I'm definitely gonna have to get them hemmed later cause I normally have a size 28 inseam and I'm not a fan of stacking/cuffing

4. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

Just got my first pair of Gustins. A Japan Classic in 33 straight. The fit does not work for me at all. The rise is fine but the legs are just far too baggy and long.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Have you rolled them to the point to where the length would work and then see if they are baggy? They are a 36" inseam so they are going to be too long for just about everyone but I would not asses the fit based on something that is easily altered

6. dlebowski

dlebowski Member

33 is still a 34" inseam

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

ok...who cares? My point remains the same. You cannot properly asses the fit of any pant without at least compensating in some way for the correct length

8. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

With Gustin, I've found the straight to be very baggy, like a 501 STF *before* shrinking it. The slims aren't that slim, they are more like a 514 fit, so someone looking for a straight fit might actually really appreciate the fit of the slims. As for inseam length, yeah that's how raw denim comes, any good raws are going to be super long inseam, to facilitate cuffs and stacks. In my opinion, at 60 and a 31 waist, I wish the inseam length was longer. 34" just isn't quite long enough (though it's more like 35").

9. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

The straights are baggy? I've got slims and the thighs are pretty tight and I'm hoping it stretches just a little bit but then again I have the size 29s

10. dcinitial

dcinitial Well-Known Member

Yea the straights are too baggy for me. PM me if anyone wants to trade. I have a pair of size 34 Japan Classics straight for a pair of size 35 slims. Thanks all.

11. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it depends on your waist. My friend has a 29 slim, and they are much slimmer through the leg than the 31slim is. But the slims are by no means a "skinny" cut. Baggy might not be the right word for the straights because they aren't anti-fit in the top block, they are just way too voluminous at the bottom. Which is totally a lot of guys preference, of course.

12. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

13. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

Here's some pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

After about 6 months, I soaked my Slim fit, Heavy Americans and they've now become ball crushers...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

Trigger dont post story like that with no pics

16. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

I had some reservations at first, but I've actually discovered that I really like the fit of the slims. They are definitely a slim fit, but they have just enough material/give in the right places that they don't restrict movement at the hips. I forgot my gym clothes, and was able to go rock climbing in mine.

I am a bit worried about the reports of them shrinking, because I got mine shortened, and could really only lose 1" max on the inseam before they look kinda funny.

17. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sorry, I feel a bit awkward posting spics of my man bulge on the interwebz...

19. Excluse

Excluse New Member

Just got my Heavy Americans in the mail about four days ago.

I'm a 32x34 in Levi 501s (not STF) and I went with a 33 Slim. I chose this based on the measurements from my current favorite jeans.
    I know I'm supposed to size down but I had a bad experience with my first pair (Nudie Average Joe DDOs) going too small.

I love the quality and feel of the denim and after about two full days of wear they have broken in quite nicely. Hopefully they don't get too loose.

I'll be sure to drop updates on how they wear.

20. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

Yes. They will do their best to credit you. Sometimes they have your size in what your ordered. If not, they will let you know what else is available.