• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ July No Purchase Club - Delayed Gratification is the Name of the Game

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I dropped the ball on getting the roster up. Alright, here we go. A small group this month, but that just means we've a greater chance of making it all through unscathed.

Roster
Claghorn
mrjester
msulinski
Man Of Lint
archibaldleach
thegreatgatsby
Betelgeuse
doughie
Kai
Ianiceman
MRMstl
jacket (got my eye on you, buddy)

On Parole

Nemesis
jrd
cloud.gif

Last edited:

jacket

Reaction score
This is going to be awkward but I need to withdraw... just remembered about that Geller sample sale
confused.gif

I'll be back next month, but this is too big to pass up

??

May I join jrd in the nemesis club

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
??

May I join jrd in the nemesis club

Soz, I forgot.

I'll take it under consideration, but jrd actually works to be my nemesis. Every 48 hours or so, he'll send me messages offering to sell me some of his soporifics for dirt cheap just to try and break me.

Betel--hold out. Of course, if you let someone else know what you want, that's a different story. And happy birthday! Go to San Antonio for some Tex-Mex.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That is a beautiful beautiful tie. And as early as possible would I believe be July 29th (or 28th?) rather than the 30th. 5ish days are given as a grace period, overlapping into the next month, to make sure the folks going month to month have enough time to make their purchases.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Thanks! Already talked to Spoo and Ed about the tie. Looks gorgeous. Not sure what to wear it with since a raw silk striped grenadine is quite different. But it's one of those things that is so nice, I'll find a way.

Also ordering a brown jacket. I have a blue-brown hounds tooth linen jacket and a navy blue blazer. I need to get brown to be able to cycle through options. Since I primarily go through KW (Price and fit are dialed in), was going to stick to that. What do you think of this fabric..
TR7103 on the upper right. Brown windowpane.

I've cycled through TR7100, TR4012 (which I REALLY wanted but green can come later) and TR7108. I think I settled on TR7103 due to it not being plain but still having somewhat of a subtle design and not too loud.

$650 for a D-level jacket. I have a $233 credit already. I won't pay more than D-level for a KW jacket until he gets a label on there. It's really weird to me paying $650 for a jacket and it not saying where I got it from.

What do you think, senor Clag? (And anyone else)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My favorite, as I think I mentioned earlier, is 7104, but depending on your trouser selection, that might work more easily as a suit. For an odd jacket, I like 4012 more than 7103, but 7103 is definitely nice.

KW doesn't put a label on his stuff? Interesting.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite, as I think I mentioned earlier, is 7104, but depending on your trouser selection, that might work more easily as a suit. For an odd jacket, I like 4012 more than 7103, but 7103 is definitely nice.

KW doesn't put a label on his stuff? Interesting.
I like 4012 more than 7103 as well and it looks pretty versatile (I think greens go great with a white-patterned shirt such as a herringbone). Just not sure if it's the smart idea for building a wardrobe.

If I got 4012, it'd be with full brown lining, flap pockets/welt pocket, standard shoulders. My usual is soft shoulders, patch/welt, half lined. But this needs to be more proper I think..

Just his suit/jacket collections. I've mentioned it to him and mentioned it on the forum. If he had labels I'd be more inclined to get the pricier stuff. That and the lining is Polyester/Viscose blend but that doesn't bug me as much. It feels alright.

7104 will not work for me. I have a limited trouser selection and am working on it. Off the rack doesn't work for me, it looks a little weird in the rear. I'm working with Luxire on a base pattern for now. Then they will come rushing in. I have zero suits, I refuse to buy a nice suit to have the pants look like crap. Eventually I'll figure something out.

You said you mentioned 7104 earlier, have we talked about this already? Last month?

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suck at this.

Fell off the wagon.

Will try again in August.

MRMstl

Reaction score

These Alfred Sargent for Herring were avialable in Herring's sale at HALF PRICE. Held off long enough that there are no longer any in my size. They cleared them due to the hatchgrain not being as pronounced as they wanted and were remaking them. I actually liked them more with a subtle hatchgrain material. While I'm glad I was able to demonstrate some self control, I think it might have been a mistake...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I suck at this.

Fell off the wagon.

Will try again in August.
Deets? And you can always hop back on by matching your purchase with a donation to charity.

These Alfred Sargent for Herring were avialable in Herring's sale at HALF PRICE. Held off long enough that there are no longer any in my size. They cleared them due to the hatchgrain not being as pronounced as they wanted and were remaking them. I actually liked them more with a subtle hatchgrain material. While I'm glad I was able to demonstrate some self control, I think it might have been a mistake...
How badly did you need another black shoe?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of Beckett & Robb suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads