• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWAYS ALREADY GOOD TO GO

Agnelli413

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the initiative.

Couple of questions:
#1. Does the above stated price include worldwide shipping or is it simply for the product alone? If not, what would be the anticipated shipping fee?
#2. Would the tie come with a E.G. Cappelli label on the back, like all of his ties?

Thank you in advance.
smile.gif

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couple of questions:
#1. Does the above stated price include worldwide shipping or is it simply for the product alone? If not, what would be the anticipated shipping fee?
#2. Would the tie come with a E.G. Cappelli label on the back, like all of his ties?

Thank you in advance. :)

1. The shipping usually is €25.
2. I do not see any reason why it should not :)

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like 6, 2 and 7. I would be open to any one of them. I am leaning towards 5 fold presently.

C&A

Reaction score

I prefer 4.

I like that one too. But including you and myself there are only two others interested. If we find one more we could make that run happen also, provided everyone gets a 7 fold. Don't know how realistic that is. 6, 7 and 11 at or almost at 6 meters each.

C&A

Reaction score

Couple of questions:

Thank you in advance. :)

1. The shipping usually is €25.
2. I do not see any reason why it should not :)

Yes totally right. If you get 5 ties or more shipping is free.

These will be regular bespoke Cappelli ties with Cappelli tags.

C&A

Reaction score

I really like 6, 2 and 7. I would be open to any one of them. I am leaning towards 5 fold presently.

Thanks. Noted. Chances of number 2 actually getting made are very small I'm afraid. For number 7 (green) we are now definitely over 6 meters. And number 6 is very very close.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is this being shipped to C&A and then out from there, or is this being shipped directly from Cappelli?

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will visit him this days to see this.

C&A

Reaction score
Gents, good news!

Colourways 6, 7 and 11 will be made. I just passed on everybody's preferences to Patrizio and he confirmed that the threshold for each of these is met. He already contacted the weaver who confirmed that all three special runs will be ready by the end of June. It will take another 2 weeks for the ties to be made and shipped out to each and every one of you.

Thanks to all of you who helped us reach the 6 meter threshold!

I am awaiting one more email address from here and two from the Dutch board. Once I have all those I will send out an email to each and every one of you copying Patrizio on that email.

In that email I will specify (i) what colourway or colourways you have committed to , and (ii) your preferred construction method.

It is at that stage still possible to 'up' the folds. Everyone who has volunteered to take a tie with more folds if that would make a run happen I will set at 3 folds standard. But as said, you can ask Patrizio directly to change to 5 or 7 folds.

As mentioned before, the prices are :

- 3 folds - EUR 100
- 5 folds - EUR 120
- 7 folds - EUR 140

This assumes a tie with hand rolled edges (unlined as Patrizio calls it, or sfoderato) like my original brown/orange tie. Should you wish standard construction, the tie will be EUR cheaper. You can specify this when finalizing your order with Patrizio.

Worldwide shipping is EUR 25 and shipping will be handled directly by Patrizio. If you include more ties in your order and order 5 or more in total shipping will be free. Payment will be made in advance directly to Patrizio, preferably via paypal.

The subscription for these three colourways is now closed. You may be able to still get in by emailing Patrizio directly, but there is no guarantee.

Other colourways

I will shortly make an updated spread sheet for the colourways that have not met the 6 meter threshold (yet) and post it in this thread. Should these also fill up in the next week or so, then they can also get made.

Some more good news:

If this all goes smoothly , Patrizio is willing to periodically work with us to do a special run. We will effectively be getting access to the designs from the archives of some of the best weavers in Italy and England. I am anticipating this will be 2 or 3 times per year. I would prefer doing a nice madder and/or a challis for the upcoming fall season. But I'm open to suggestions.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can't believe 4 didn't make it. I'm up for 11 then please.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I don't have PayPal, or rather, it doesn't work now with my bank's choice of card. Do you know if he will take a bank transfer? I'm sure I can work it out anyway, I'm in...

C&A

Reaction score
Sure I think bank transfer will also be ok. Just check with Patrizio.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads