1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Note that I am wearing just a t-shirt underneath. The 42 felt a little better. I think especially if I were wearing a sweater underneath, that's the size I would want.

2 people like this.
  2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Port Flannel: very nice! I need to grab one of those, looks very comfortable, and they are a solid price.

Bulls Wool: awesome, now I really want that ecru one! How warm does it wear? I will find out in a couple hours... but patience has never been my strength.

Formosa: shoulders look right on, length looks good, and the sleeves drape well. The waist could probably be nipped a bit though. Open, it looks a bit large on you, but IME, I rarely, if ever, wear my Formosa open, as I find it looks much better buttoned. And of course, I am not sure the Bulls Wool is the best layering piece :). If I were you, I would probably give it a little bit of wear though. I have found that the Formosas really meld to your body after a half a dozen wears, once the fabric wears in and such.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. DeSense

DeSense Well-Known Member

@conceptual 4est
    Thank you, Kyle. You should have told a joke, for a happy smile.

4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and thank you about the kind words about the article on Put This On!

I can confirm that I do indeed put very little thought into what I wear in the morning, but a slightly inordinate amount of thought into what I buy for myself. I think we're all a bit on the end of the spectrum though, no?

2 people like this.
  5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Thanks. I took a few in that strong sunlight with just the Port Flannel underneath. I'll post those a little later and we can see what people think.

Only had the bulls wool on briefly. I think it will wear fairly warm, but more only top layer needed on a cool day warm.

And thanks for the input on the Formosa. I want to do as little as possible to it. I am going to take your advice and wear it around a bit. I think the photos we've seen of the jackets worn in a little look really great. Can always nip the waist later. No hurry.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

@FC, great look with the Port Flannel. I am right between sizes on the two I have but your pic makes me go size up. I like the bit more relaxed look and after all they should be too fitted. Plus I think given the nature of the cotton that they would be easy to shrink a bit if needed.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

And I am with you there. With my first Formosa, I thought I was going to nip the waist, and have not done a darn thing to it yet.

Here is a picture out of it (a) right out of the box, and (b) after a few wears:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, realized that I had a lot of NMWA gear on today, and snapped a quick work bathroom selfie, which is always kosher in these parts.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Looking good, Frank! Good decision to wear it for a while before making anymore alterations.

9. AJL

AJL Well-Known Member

I just got porked by Wilkes Bashford.

Was smitten by Heschung Genet chukkas when I visited NMWA office back in early Sept, but unfortunately they did not receive the US 7's they had ordered. Subsequently I tracked them down and purchased them from WB just now.

Short story: WIlkes Bashford $625 + shipping, NMWA $465, free shipping. It's times like this I'm reminded of how good we've got it at NMWA.

2 people like this.
  10. DeSense

Certainly am. Thanks a lot again for the great help to you both, David and you. Avoided ending up with a non perfect fit that way. Mission accomplished. :)

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Should have referred to you as conceptual 4est. :satisfied: Who's this Kyle?

Port Flannels are scheduled for delivery today... crossing my fingers for sizing.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Navy and blue twill MTO Eidos Field Jacket. :teach:

13. DeSense

Thank you for taking the time. That worked out well.
    May I trouble you with one more question? Have you tried the Eidos Field Jacket and if, is your size a 52 or 54? In my view the 54 looks a little trim on Greg. Granted, he wears a jacket underneath, I believe, so there can't be too much room left. If my feeling was justified, a sizing up might be beneficial after all. Hmm...

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

any fit pics or measurements of the following is much appreciated...

- Valstar field jacket in 38
    - GRP A1 style cardigan in sz 3

15. unbelragazzo

I liked the 52 on me in the field jacket. But I probably wouldn't wear it over a sport coat very often.

1 person likes this.
  16. unbelragazzo

17. FrankCowperwood

I took size up one to mean go from M to L. And then my only thought is that maybe XL might be an option, but I don't think I really need anymore room in the shirt. Anyway, I'm going to wear the L in the grey/red that's sold out in L and XL. Not sure if I'll cut the tag on the blue herringbone... Probably. What the heck.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Frank is such a boss and Unbel is Justin Timberlake

@Newcomer Jacket looks nice. Curious do you wear your jacket all day at work even when at a desk, or do you take it on and off as you leave the premise i.e. to go use the restroom?

19. FrankCowperwood

Thanks. What I don't want to do is get this jacket and then immediately decide that I know better than Formosa (and Greg and all the others who have shown how nice these pieces look) and nip here and tuck there and end up with something that's a different beast (and likely degrade the quality of the tailoring at the same time... no offense to my tailor... assume he's not here right now... but I doubt he works at the same level as the Formosa tailors).

Ha ha. Boss internetz. Or at least Boss Kopper once again.

Thanks.

20. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

A quick PSA for those talking about the Mountain Parka earlier - a size 40 is now back in stock due to a modified order.