• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And there is an exchange for different size policy for sales items as mentioned above. Probably not practical for international but I think NMWA is going its best to be accommodating while staying in business.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've wanted some Vass shoes, but no idea on sizing.

If I'm an 8D in Barrie...

Carmina Rain/Forest/Oscar—7.5 UK

What might I be in the New Peter and F lasts?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was something like 20 weeks of regular pricing and regular return policy. That full-price period is perfect for those who are not sure of their size, want to try a new brand, or just generally make sure they get their size before it sells out.

Then things go on final sale and they cannot be returned because getting that product off the shelf and making room for the next season is precisely the objective of the deep markdowns (some of you already know hat we don't over-markup like the typical US retailer to then offer it at 70% discount, but for those who don't know that, the discounts we're offering during our sales are actually very good).

And even during the sale, we had 10 days of founders circle sale where anyone could opt to still buy at full price and get full return privileges.

Now is not one of those times. Whatever is left after the sale may go back to full price.

In the mean time, we're happy to help with sizing if that's the crux of the issue.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well said, Greg.

And even during the sale, we had 10 days of founders circle sale where anyone could opt to still buy at full price and get full return privileges.

This is good to know for the future. :)

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
Greg, will you be getting new Vass makeups for the fall? Or restocking the cognac austerity brogue?

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand why it's difficult for a small businesses to offer returns in this case, and I am not trying to bite Greg's head off. I think he runs a great business and a great website. But the thing is, if an item has a fault which isn't noticed on the seller's end, but is noticed on mine, then I have no consumer protection. Size is obviously an issue but not the only issue: colour may differ from the photos, construction quality and finish might be lower than expectations, and so forth.

I appreciate the ability to "try out" items in advance of the sale, but I only recently discovered NMWA so couldn't. I will keep it in mind for the future, although it is a little bit difficult for me living in London because of postage and merciless duties which have to paid even on returned goods.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was something like 20 weeks of regular pricing and regular return policy.
That full-price period is perfect for those who are not sure of their size, want to try a new brand, or just generally make sure they get their size before it sells out.

Then things go on final sale and they cannot be returned because getting that product off the shelf and making room for the next season is precisely the objective of the deep markdowns (some of you already know hat we don't over-markup like the typical US retailer to then offer it at 70% discount, but for those who don't know that, the discounts we're offering during our sales are actually very good).

Now is not one of those times. Whatever is left after the sale may go back to full price.

In the mean time, we're happy to help with sizing if that's the crux of the issue.

Basically, people need to understand more about game theory.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Still thinking about that Portegna Fat Carter case... but think I'd rather pay regular price less the 10% SF discount and be able to return if needed than buy at 15% off. So I will wait.

EDIT: annnnnnd it's sold out. Lulz.

Last edited:

OIx

Reaction score

Still thinking about that Portegna Fat Carter case... but think I'd rather pay regular price less the 10% SF discount and be able to return if needed than buy at 15% off. So I will wait.

EDIT: annnnnnd it's sold out. Lulz.

glad i snagged before they were gone... wait - I can sell it to you with 15% upcharge :)

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
too much talk. need more fit pics of NMWA swag kop.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
too much talk. need more fit pics of NMWA swag kop.

UPS had a delay, but the box should be there today. Just in time to take them along to Denmark and Norway. I'll have some pics when I get back home.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cargo pants picture in the Esemplare introduction look wicked, any chance NMWA will carry that piece?

Yeah, this is one of my (very few) complaints about NMWA. They will carry pics on their website to highlight a brand, but won't actually carry the product depicted in the photo. For instance, I really liked the Camoshita blazer with the sharp looking Asian dude. While NMWA did carry a blazer similar to that one the pattern was much tighter than the one from the photo. Liked the blazer in the photo, didn't care too much for the one carried in stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads