1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

2. trafficjam

trafficjam Well-Known Member

In order from "Totally gobsmacked" to "Only Moderately But Still Impressively Gobsmacked" that these things are still around:

1. Camoshita Green & brown madras check linen & silk sport coat. What the hell is wrong with you people? How did this even make it to sale, much less with this many sizes? If I weren't the kind of person to wallow in my own filth and instead were a sophisticate who drank mixed drinks and wore pants that didn't hug my legs like a hungry python, I'd wear nothing but this sportcoat and white pants and go around just exuding the impression that I was so much more important than everyone around me that I don't have to bother caring. Criminal that this is still available.
    [​IMG]

2. PEdALED Adventure jacket in Cinammon brown Ventile cotton. An injustice. PEdALED has been ignored. How it happened, I don't know, maybe we all spend too much time looking at clothes instead of riding bikes or doing exciting things outside in the weather (who needs an ankle length raincoat when you plan on getting messy?). Really, this whole list could comprise just of PEdALED products, but I go with this one because of the scads of features on it. Functional hood? How often do you find that on the good stuff? Never. Functional pockets, too. Ventile? That alone is worth price of admission. Subtle, arresting color that guarantees nobody around you will be able to keep their eyes off you? Done. Why this isn't on everyone's back when they go out into the weather and have to push themselves a little bit is beyond me. The thing was made to be worn and nobody's wearing it.
    [​IMG]

3.Etnia Barcelona Brown sunglasses with orange accents. There's been precious little sunglasses chat in this thread. Formosa this, solaro that. That stuff won't protect you from the sun (as Louis Sambon would be unhappy to tell you), but sunglasses are imperative. Summer's the time to go hog-wild, which means nobody should bother with the dour mainstays like tortoiseshell or black. We all know this. Which is why I wonder how an excellent pair of vibrant but easily understated shades with polarized lenses manage to stick around at the height of the season. Something's amiss.
    [​IMG]

4. Esemplare Reversible gingham / navy down shirt. Nobody's thinking about fall. But they should be. Especially when good mid-weather stuff is available. This shirt-jacket has all the good stuff: looking warm, feeling warm, two coats in one, british cool with the gingham side. Not liking this is like not liking Quadrophenia or comfort.
    [​IMG]

5. Robinson Les Bains Mid-length "Oxford Long" swim trunks, Almond Green print Everyone can go home. Robinson Les Bains made the ultimate swimsuit in the ultimate pattern. Maybe people are trying to figure out which goodwill to give their old suits to before they buy this one. Maybe they have a sentimental attachment to the suit because the last time a pretty girl looked at them adoringly and they carry that memory with it. Give it up. This suit is the promise of a thousand adoring looks from pretty girls.
    [​IMG]

Honorable mention to ts(s) but it looks like nobody's sleeping on them. Good.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    5 people like this.
  3. baltimoron

baltimoron Well-Known Member

My selections

1) This was the first season that I bought Stephan Schneider clothing and it's been a real eye opener on how much diversity fabric can have. I already have a Valve and a shirt jacket, but I really want to try out the Helium.
    [​IMG]

2) I loved the print of this shirt at the beginning of the season, and it still catches my eye now. Close up shots of the pattern are insane.
    [​IMG]

3) I can already feel the softness of the suede through my monitor...
    [​IMG]

4) I think this Caomishita Capri collar shirt is seriously being slept on. It's perfect with some relaxed trousers for the summer.
    [​IMG]

5) I own too many brown shoes. Really like the sleekness of the Buttero Side zips
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

For those who want to make others green with envy:

[​IMG]

Great pants, I have worn them all summer.

[​IMG]

I could see this being very versatile. Green squares go with e'erything.

[​IMG]

Camoshita shirts look great, especially for a more casual look. It brings out my eyes.

[​IMG]

Green linen jackets are surprisingly versatile. They look great with browns, khakis, summer whites, jeans, greys, and whatever else you throw their way. Oh yeah, and blue shirts. All day.

[​IMG]

Years ago I owned a green grenadine. I lost it. It makes me sad. I want another one.

2 people like this.
  5. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

Someone should just select the rest of the cantarelli SCs... sadly there are none left in my size.. (also the formosa suits)

I'll put up something more zany though (as a full fit)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lunettes/OS/ t shirt /TS(S)/ castaner

6. in stitches

Green is awesome. Such a great color.

1 person likes this.
  7. takket

takket Member

Some under-appreciated items:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

So many choices I agree with here.

So much awesome at NMWA.

And then it will be F/W any day now and there will be more awesome.

It's giving me agita.

9. in stitches

its giving you a vagina? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  10. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Stitchy! That was out of character for you.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

That's acute angina you mean...

And Inis Meain and Farnese (not really visible) from today:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. in stitches

yup. frank is still the coolest.

13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

That linen Inis Meain is awesome. I am so glad I picked one up during the sale.

14. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

15. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

This is a great idea, I'm seeing a bunch of things I hadn't noticed before.

I have had a few things on my wishlist for a while that I'm surprised are still available. And I think these are all pretty slept on - I haven't seen any of them posted by buyers in this thread.

[​IMG]

EOTOTO
    Sunbathing woman jacquard v-neck sweater

This is such a cool summer sweater, totally unique, oddball in just the right way. I wish the V were a little deeper or slouchier, but that's a minor quibble.

[​IMG]

TS(S)
    Navy wave print button-down cotton shirt

I'm shocked I haven't seen this posted in the thread multiple times - both this and the sister version are gorgeous prints and I already know ans love the fit and construction from ts(s). I really want this.

[​IMG]

OLIVER SPENCER
    Eton club collar shirt in Elsdon grey fine stripe linen/cotton fabric

Another great summer shirt, linen blend, club collar, horizontal pin stripes. Like the ts(s) above, one of those great summer shirts that's unlike anything else in your closet and something you can wear for years to come.

[​IMG]

NICHE
    Deadstock Cone Mills natural cotton shorts

I really dig the whole Niche summer collection but these shorts and the matching take on a baja poncho are the most slept on. I like how tough these look without being at all "work wear." They also remind me of the best parts of the distinct socal beach style I grew up with.

[​IMG]

TS(S)
    Madras shirt sleeve navy cotton tee

Did anybody buy this? Such a weird shirt. This one may have been too strange for the regular NMWA customer base, including me, but I was really looking forward to seeing someone buy this and wear it in the street wear thread. I'm kinda torn between thinking this is a big miss, and thinking it's majorly slept on.

Honorable mention to those ts(s) tuxedo jackets. Versatile summer jackets for evening, wear them dressed up or dressed way down over a t-shirt. I'd love to see pics of those being worn.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Cool picks. Ive been wearing my white ts(s) tux jacket this summer in very casual fits. Sleeves even rolled up.

17. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

What I neeeeed:

I'm normally a Vans and Converse kind of guy, time to step it up...
    [​IMG]

I wear black shoes once a month...maybe. I'd wear them a lot more if I had this belt...
    [​IMG]

I don't know why this shirt isn't in my closet yet. I has no excuse....
    [​IMG]

I need these boots. No, really...I need them. I don't have any boots....
    [​IMG]

This is just plain awesome. Love the texture...
    [​IMG]

18. in stitches

what is that jacket? it is amazing.

19. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

TS(S)
    Navy dobby cotton hooded long jacket

20. in stitches

thanks. just had a look. oomf want that. out of stock in my size tho.