1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think I will go ahead and get that combination. I do not really have a light grey suit in the rotation.

2. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Testing out mobile uploads. Waiting to board for Paris in Buttero side-zips.
    IMG_3130.JPG

rydenfan, aiur, baltimoron and 2 others like this.
  3. Holy Man

Holy Man Well-Known Member

Sizing advice on G. Inglese pique long sleeve polos. I'm a 39 in their shirts, but don't know if I should size up to account for shrinkage or to stay TTS. I plan to wash cold to minimize shrinkage.

Also asking because Search Thread functionality doesn't seem to work at all. :(

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they would have similar shrinkage properties as the pique polos (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If so, shrinkage has been unnoticeable for me with cold wash and hang dry.

edit: oops thought you meant the pique shirts not polos. In any case, I sized the exact same on my polos as my shirts (wear a 16.5 neck, 42 in shirts, 42 in polos)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 5:57 PM
    Holy Man likes this.
  5. wqvong

wqvong Well-Known Member

6. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Well-Known Member

I'm 38 in G. Inglese but sized up to 39 for the polos. The polo would have been too tight in 38.

Holy Man likes this.
  7. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Well-Known Member

Till Wednesday, I think.

8. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

The colors would be nice. The shirt seems a bit casual to me with a suit. I'm not a fan of button downs with business-y suits to begin with, but combined with the fabric, it seems a bit too casual for either of those. It's a pretty minor point, though, so go for it.

9. Newcomer

Fair enough - I understand that. I like BDs with a suit. I understand your concern re disparate formality. I wear the linen blends with suits pretty frequently - especially with a jacket I find that very little of the shirt ultimately shows through. Too darn hot here not to wear linen every now and then! Thanks for your thoughts - I agree with everything you said.

10. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I have no problem wearing a linen blend with a suit. But color, composition, and BD collar push it toward the casual end of the spectrum. I got that fabric with a standard spread collar and have every intention of wearing it with a suit.

11. DeSense

DeSense Well-Known Member

I have that shirt in BD version, and have every intention of wearing it with e.g. my tan Cantarelli wl/slk/linen SC sans tie. ;p

12. Newcomer

Six - that makes sense. Spread collar would probably be preferable for my proposed intents and purposes (say that five times fast).

DeSense - I thought about tan. I think that shirt will look fantastic with tan.

Now I am vacillating between the light grey and the navy fresco. Unfortunately, like the highlander, there can only be one. With the onslaught of wedding that I have this spring and summer, navy fresco might be a better option.