1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Yea, I went TTS. Coat is really, really great. I don't cinch it up, but let the belt hang in the back. Just a nice, easy style.

1 person likes this.
  2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

@Newcomer looks great! Those are the Eidos cords? Love the length and cut of the quarters in that jacket too.

3. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've been back and forth on this one for a while but close to pulling the trigger.

The sizing for the medium looks a little big if I don't intend to layer, but I guess that's the intention with the slouchy aesthetic?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

If I'm a VI in SS Merino, can I fit into a large in the Frank Leder tweed officer's coat, or would I need an XL?

5. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Well-Known Member

The fact that every size EXCEPT mine (XL) is still in stock for the BBJ patchwork sashiko jacket is so frustrating [​IMG] I'd snatch up an XL in a heartbeat

6. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

A Frank Leder Heavy Tweed coat for Tampa, Fl?

AWRIGHT!

Style knows no latitude and longitude!

7. Beatlegeuse

Totally worth it for the one week I'll be in the northeast over the holidays this year...and the 2 days in February that it gets cold enough to wear it here.

1 person likes this.
  8. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Ha.... I agree...[​IMG]

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

You will need XL

10. Beatlegeuse

Dang, sold out

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I've been mostly wearing mine with a henley, but there's room underneath for a sweater.

Measurements for the size small, which is what I took, seem right to me. I wouldn't call it super slouchy, but it's not super slim fit either. Maybe relaxed-ish?

Some photos of @Synthese in the coat if you do a thread search.

1 person likes this.
  12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

How have people liked their GI Pique Polo Shirts? Did anyone size down since you most likely are not going to button the collar all the way?

13. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Don't size down on the polo shirts. The sizing is TTS and they shrink more than dress shirts (although mostly in length)

14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

What Greg said. I have 4 of them from the most recent orders, and I went with my same size as my shirts.

I love them. The best polos I've owned. The length is great for me (even post wash) because I can wear them untucked with jeans or tucked in with trousers if I am wearing them to class (dress code). Cold wash/hang dry per Greg's instructions minimized the length shrinkage, and they wrinkle minimally (for me at least) so I have yet to actually iron them after a wash before I wear them :embar:

1 person likes this.
  15. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

16. razl

razl Well-Known Member

@gdl203 Greg - the Inglese white end-on-end shirt looks to be a softer white; maybe even a faint eggshell or at least not a brilliant white - is that correct? Also can you comment on the opaque'ness, as in how much skin color shows through? Appreciation in advance.

17. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Just ordered my first Inglese polo in denim. I did size up as I have put on a few pounds and my Inglese dress shirts were way too snug for me.

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

darn it ... somneone bought the burgundy camoshita suit in 46 :(

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

@gdl203 greg when i visited, you mentioned that there will be tuxedos. is that coming in the spring? are they MTO or MTM and is that from eidos or formosa?

wish the eidos tux in 36 was available. do you think it would be possible to get the 38 and alter it? i realize it will be expensive but just wondering if that would be possible

20. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it eggshell but it's also not brilliantly white. It's a nice matte shade. It's thick enough that it isn't too opaque, but you'll definitely see some skin through it. I wore mine Thursday, so I have a couple pics. (I'm wearing a grey undershirt.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.