• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That outerwear lineup is incredible. Bets on which sells out first?

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Just received my latest NMWA package including the AFB LBM DB Overcoat. It is extremely beautiful and the AFB shade which is just brighter than a true navy really makes it a unique and wonderful piece. Once again Greg was spot on with sizing as well.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

yanagi

Reaction score

Just received my latest NMWA package including the AFB LBM DB Overcoat. It is extremely beautiful and the AFB shade which is just brighter than a true navy really makes it a unique and wonderful piece. Once again Greg was spot on with sizing as well.

Thanks guys.

I was looking at that. Is it a 3/4-length overcoat or full length?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys.

How was the customs hit to canada?

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you would do a buy of one each of the Valstar in size 44 I would buy all of them
cry.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you would do a buy of one each of the Valstar in size 44 I would buy all of them
cry.gif

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't and we wouldn't want to hold you to such a promise.

That said, the Harrington jackets fit small for the size. You may want to try 46

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, the Eidos collection is absolutely killer.

i love the inherent optimism of a 21oz tweed overcoat (which presumes you're already wearing a sportcoat underneath that's itself 10-15oz, or a sweater). "what global warming?"

i still haven't worn the faux-tweed navy donegal herringbone i snagged from last winter's collection and here i am drooling over the gun club…

great work as always Antonio (and Greg to ordering such incredible pieces)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings! Love the new Eidos collection! Will the sizing for the double breasted Ulsters be posted? Thanks!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings! Love the new Eidos collection! Will the sizing for the double breasted Ulsters be posted? Thanks!

Take the same size as your Eidos suit size - they are sized to nest nicely on top of the same size jacket

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question, I am not trying to be an a**hole. Why offer Fall/Winter SCs with no lining? I have seen it at multiple places not just NMWA, so I feel like I am missing something. Are most guys layering sweaters under? Or is it that outside you will most likely have a coat on and then inside you won't overheat?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, the Eidos collection is absolutely killer.

i love the inherent optimism of a 21oz tweed overcoat (which presumes you're already wearing a sportcoat underneath that's itself 10-15oz, or a sweater). "what global warming?"

i still haven't worn the faux-tweed navy donegal herringbone i snagged from last winter's collection and here i am drooling over the gun club…

great work as always Antonio (and Greg to ordering such incredible pieces)

I'm assuming 21oz isn't considered very thick? That Green Ulster DB looks lovely but I'm trying to figure out how warm/cold I'll be in it wearing a sportcoat or sweater. Chicago winters can get damp and cold but thankfully I drive to work...

Also I don't own any Eidos jackets but I'm typically a 38R in all my suits/jackets. I assume I'd take the same?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question, I am not trying to be an a**hole. Why offer Fall/Winter SCs with no lining? I have seen it at multiple places not just NMWA, so I feel like I am missing something. Are most guys layering sweaters under? Or is it that outside you will most likely have a coat on and then inside you won't overheat?

Bemberg lining provides virtually zero insulation unless the outer fabric is an open weave, so it just comes down to preferences and stylistic decisions. It feels different on the body than a lined jacket. We typically do lined suits and unlined sport coats with Eidos (Antonio would do everything unlined) - it adds a little variety.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads