• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steed (E. DeBoise) Bespoke Suit, Odd Jacket, and Odd Vest Fittings (Winter 2009)

emptym

Reaction score
Neat. Is the last suit your version of M's blazersuit? Why didn't you go w/ the LL Navy Brisa? Too light in color and weight?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good stufff...i like the navy suit the best. Btw is that a spread collar button down?
eh.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Neat. Is the last suit your version of M's blazersuit? Why didn't you go w/ the LL Navy Brisa? Too light in color and weight?

Yes, this is the first of the Swiss Army Suitsâ„¢, but the Secret Stuff is not yet visible.

And yes, I prefer this H&S fresco not only because of the color and weight, but if you hold it up, you can see that it is more porous than even lighter frescos.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Awesome. This is living large.

Things are getting trimmed up, so I hope that will be living neither large nor small, but exactly right.

Originally Posted by Kuro
good stufff...i like the navy suit the best. Btw is that a spread collar button down?
eh.gif

No, just a spread collar...I don't use collar stays, so there's a bit of soft roll to the collar.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Holy moly, are those single-piece backs?

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yes, this is the first of the Swiss Army Suitsâ„¢, but the Secret Stuff is not yet visible.

And yes, I prefer this H&S fresco not only because of the color and weight, but if you hold it up, you can see that it is more porous than even lighter frescos...

I see. In fact, I think I can see your shirt through the pants, it's so porous. Looking forward to the Secret Stuff. Good to be able to follow you guys and learn.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm envious!

Now when you're own currency is Sterling how do you get suits made for you at a good rate? Should I emigrate for a year or two?

ndw

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW! You are truly an inspiration!
worship.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, they are one piece backs.

Very interesting. Why not on the flannel DB?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are such a precocious student! Yes, they are one piece backs. I credit the idea to...drumroll... Film Noir Buff. Credit where credit is due. As you can guess, to get the kind of shaping that you and I like with a one piece back takes a guy who knows what he is doing. This is the type of feature you aren't going to find in RTW. Thank you. - B
Raphael does one piece backs on bold patterned cloths as a matter of course. My new guy is making me a section 8 sportcoat with a one piece back. He is piece dyeing the cloth . That is big time. And, like you, I give my props to FNB for the idea. May I assume that the different fitting stages are because the one-piece back needed a baste, or were they ordered at different times?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads