• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Sales

mussel

Reaction score
Up to 80% off
4/12-4/14 (9am-6:30pm); 4/15 (9am-5pm)
560 Seventh Ave., at 40th St., second fl., 718-747-1656

Don't ask me why 718 area code.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will this be online at all or just in the store?

mussel

Reaction score
I don't think it'll be online. It's an off-site sale. Call them up for more info.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on how big the shoe sale will be? (Not that I need any). I had heard that about 9 months ago there were some golden deals on shoes.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to one of these in the late 90s...it was great, on the last day especially.
Why the last day special?  Was it because of further reduction?  Are there going to be any Stuart's Choice/Grenson Masterpieces?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this isn't even at the Paul Stuart store. What the heck do they even make available at this type of sale? I doubt, for example, that they will have Stuart's Choice suits on sale for $600, right? Is this just their awful inventory that they've never moved at all?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The address is a venue where sample sales are usually held. I think there was a mention of a Malo sample sale a month or two ago that was at that location, too. Merchandise is hit or miss as it is with most sample sales. Since PS had their Grenson shoes on sale for so long, I doubt many good pairs will make this sale. I doubt it's worth a special trip, but someone will probably report back after stopping by.

dan

sashae

Reaction score
I work up the block, so I was planning on making a stop through.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that, like many sample sales, there will be a lot of knitwear. I got some amazing sweaters at the Asprey sample sale.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to all who are my size, you definitely shouldn't go

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
This Paul Stuart sale is run regularly by an outside company which stages similar sales for other stores and manufacturers. E.g., it runs sales for Loro Piana.

I believe that the company is called Sofa or something like that.

The sale is held in the auditorium of a school or union hall affiliated the apparel trade at Seventh Avenue near 41st Street.

It appears that this is a consolidation sale.

My wife went to the Paul Stuart sale a few years ago. She picked-up two pairs of shoes for me which were both first rate. (Paul Stuart Select)

I have visited some of the Loro Piana sales. Some of them sold pre-packaged cuts of suitings.

These sales, like all bargain sales, are hit and miss. It's worth a visit if it's not out of your way.

Cheers.

fashionrookie

Reaction score
FYI: SOIFFER/HASKIN Cordially invites you to a private sale of PAUL STUART MENSWEAR & WOMENSWEAR Men's Suits, Sportcoats, Trousers, Outerwear & Furnishings Including: Ties, Shirts, Robes, Pajamas, Sweaters and Shoes Women's Suits, Sportjackets, Shirts, Sweaters, Outerwear, Slacks, Knits & Accessories Also Available: Fabric in suit and jacket lengths UP TO 80% OFF TUESDAY, APRIL 12TH through FRIDAY, APRIL 15TH Tuesday through Thursday: 9:00am to 6:30pm Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm To be held at: 560 SEVENTH AVENUE Corner of 40th Street. Auditorium, 2nd Floor. (Strollers not allowed. No children under 12 will be admitted.) CREDIT CARDS ONLY (American Express, Visa or MasterCard) All sales final. No exchanges. No returns. No shipp ing. No alterations For more information, call (718) 747-1656, Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm. www.soifferhaskin.com

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this is what PS does rather than sell to someone like Filene's Basement. (Although I do recall seeing a couple of PS sweaters at a DC Filene's back in the mid or late 1990s.) Sure wish I could make it to NY.

Buster

Reaction score
How is PS quality-wise? are the jackets canvased?

B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads