or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Paul Stuart Sales
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paul Stuart Sales - Page 24

post #346 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
How was the shoe selection? Discontinued models or current stock? If current, did any stand out?

Decent selection. Stock seemed to be a lot of models from previous seasons - the thin monk strap, the half leather/half suede pair, etc. The only shoe from the current stock I saw was the white buck full brogue. I thought about it, but they had some damage. maybe on the last day. Maybe some of the loafers were from current stock. I didn't look too closely.

Prices, as VR noted, were not as good as before. I managed to find a pebble grain chukka with a dainite sole for a song. Need to try them on with thick socks, as they seemed a little loose. One pair of shoe trees, a few pairs of socks. There was only one suit in 38R by the time I got in and the jackets in my size were oddly large and nothing special. I was around the 200th person in line and I got there 15 minutes before opening.
post #347 of 611
is it located in the same place as the last sale?

Nevermind, I found out.....

What was the selection on 7,7.5 size shoes?
post #348 of 611
I walked out with 2 pairs of SC for $250 each - good, but not a great price. 9/9.5 SC selection was thin and I was ~#50 in line this morning. Will see what's left after day 2 markdowns.

On a side note- the captoes I bought doesn't have the usual SC logo on the bottom, it just says "Made in England", did I luck out and get some NOS EGs?
post #349 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMan009 View Post
is it located in the same place as the last sale?

317 W 33, right across the street from the Main Post Office.
post #350 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.no View Post
I walked out with 2 pairs of SC for $250 each - good, but not a great price. 9/9.5 SC selection was thin and I was ~#50 in line this morning. Will see what's left after day 2 markdowns.

On a side note- the captoes I bought doesn't have the usual SC logo on the bottom, it just says "Made in England", did I luck out and get some NOS EGs?

Nope, still Grenson Masterpieces. Stuart Choice shoes havent been made by Edward Green for at least 6-7 years, I'm guessing it's closer to 10.
post #351 of 611
I got a pair of tan suede loafers SC for $250. However, I also picked up a pair of brown captoe-brogued loafers, SC, for $125. This is a model that I've seen many times at Bennie's and PS, so I think you can get older SC models for less than $250. I also picked up a pair of 9.5E black captoe brogues for my father. They may not fit him so you may see those posted very soon on the B&S forum. Also, great looking shoe trees at $15.99. They were going fast by the time I left around 11 a.m.

I passed on a charcoal grey suit with in navy blue plaid. Made in Italy, but retail was only $1084. Any ideas as to maker?

I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .
post #352 of 611
Yeah I thought that was you... and I noticed the RLPL shoes, and commented to StockwellDay. Sorry man, its been awhile since I ran into you last...

I did pretty well for myself, and probably spent more than I should have. Oh well, I wont have to add anything new for the next few months.
post #353 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post
I passed on a charcoal grey suit with in navy blue plaid. Made in Italy, but retail was only $1084. Any ideas as to maker?

Probably by Isaia to the diffusion line Gian Luca standard, fused.
post #354 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeis View Post
I hate not living in NYC sometimes.

Ditto. Any chance the Chicago store will be having a sale next week when I'm in town?
post #355 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post
I passed on a charcoal grey suit with in navy blue plaid. Made in Italy, but retail was only $1084. Any ideas as to maker?

I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .

Suit was probably Isaia, and only half canvased I believe, so a decent pass.

That was me with Norcal. Were you wearing a green checked shirt and a sweater vest? I liked that shirt.

Also, was it one you wearing a three piece brown suit with peaked lapels, and a wool tie. That was sharp!
post #356 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Probably by Isaia to the diffusion line Gian Luca standard, fused.

Worth the price at $450?
post #357 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant View Post
Yeah I thought that was you... and I noticed the RLPL shoes, and commented to StockwellDay. Sorry man, its been awhile since I ran into you last...

I did pretty well for myself, and probably spent more than I should have. Oh well, I wont have to add anything new for the next few months.

I thought it was you, but I get shy in large gatherings I'll be sure to say hello next time!

My fiance wants to drag me back on Thursday afternoon, I think. I'll provide an update on the sale.
post #358 of 611
Not worth the price, IMO, compared to other deals you could find in NYC.
post #359 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Suit was probably Isaia, and only half canvased I believe, so a decent pass.

That was me with Norcal. Were you wearing a green checked shirt and a sweater vest? I liked that shirt.

Also, was it one you wearing a three piece brown suit with peaked lapels, and a wool tie. That was sharp!

Sounds like I made the right choice. I think when I was in line behind Norcal, he was with Stockwell Day. I had on light grey slacks, a darker grey pullover over my dress shirt, and the Barksdales. I did see the guy with the three-piece suit, very nice!
post #360 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Any chance the Chicago store will be having a sale next week when I'm in town?

No, it's a NY thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Paul Stuart Sales