Originally Posted by ryoneo
The best N64 game had to be Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. No contest.
Brutally disappointed that Wii Shop doesn't have "GoldenEye" up, and from what I've read, it's probably not happening anytime soon.
Maybe it's because I grew up in the early 80s, but I wouldn't consider anything after Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo a classic video game. It's too modern, and the graphics aren't crappy enough. Crappy graphics and sound effects are a must.
My top-five classics
1. Tecmo Bowl -- we'll still break this out on some nights if we're drunk enough.
2. RBI Baseball -- my proudest college moment: pitching a nine-inning no-hitter by using Mike Krukow.
3. Contra -- the all-time classic code: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, start. Most people liked the "S" spread gun, but I always prefered the "M" machine gun.
4. Mike Tyson's Punchout -- i bought this on Wii Shop recently, breezed through the game like it was nothing, then got to Soda Popinski and got knocked the f**k out. my reflexes are dusted. i'm a good 15 years past my video-game prime.
5. Rygar -- you might have preferred Zelda, but i thought the levels and bosses and overall navigation/gameplay of Rygar was more clever and fun.