or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New gap denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New gap denim - Page 7

post #91 of 1606
i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock. i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!
post #92 of 1606
Buy washed denim and you won't have that problem.
post #93 of 1606
nice. i'll have to take a look at my local gap.
post #94 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyonetime View Post
i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock. i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!

You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system
post #95 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system

He might work for BR or Old Navy. They all get the same discount.
post #96 of 1606
1-800-GAP STYLE will locate the jeans in a store near you. They are pretty reliable.
post #97 of 1606
The gap by my house has them on sale for like 39. I looked at the inside seams and I dind't remember them as being selvedge, but I went to the website and checked them out and they did saw Japanese denim inside the waistband. I regret not trying them on in the skinny fit which probably aren't even that skinny knowing how gap is.
post #98 of 1606
I dropped by GAP on vacation (as my local GAP doesn't stock these) and picked up a pair of the "low rise straight fit", white Japanese denim, red selvedge for just under $100. I always have worn 32s in GAP, but tried on a 31 and was amazed by the fit and the jean as a whole. I already have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in white, but I couldn't walk out of the store without these GAP jeans. The fit sized down 1 is very similar to a true-to-size Slim Jim. The GAP jeans were quite tight at the waist for the first day, but have loosened up considerably. So the good news is, they are very nice jeans. The bad news is, I now have two pairs of jeans that are almost identical. Ideally I'd sell a pair; truthfully, I think the GAP pair is an overall nicer jean - the stitching, and the detailing is really quite nice. FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.
post #99 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

Where specifically in Toronto? I'd like to check out the whites.
post #100 of 1606
I bought mine from Scarborough Town Centre, but saw them at Young-Dundas as well.
post #101 of 1606
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post
The gap by my house has them on sale for like 39. I looked at the inside seams and I dind't remember them as being selvedge, but I went to the website and checked them out and they did saw Japanese denim inside the waistband. I regret not trying them on in the skinny fit which probably aren't even that skinny knowing how gap is.

when i tried them on they were pretty tight, and i only sized down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
I dropped by GAP on vacation (as my local GAP doesn't stock these) and picked up a pair of the "low rise straight fit", white Japanese denim, red selvedge for just under $100. I always have worn 32s in GAP, but tried on a 31 and was amazed by the fit and the jean as a whole. I already have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in white, but I couldn't walk out of the store without these GAP jeans.

The fit sized down 1 is very similar to a true-to-size Slim Jim. The GAP jeans were quite tight at the waist for the first day, but have loosened up considerably.

So the good news is, they are very nice jeans. The bad news is, I now have two pairs of jeans that are almost identical. Ideally I'd sell a pair; truthfully, I think the GAP pair is an overall nicer jean - the stitching, and the detailing is really quite nice.

FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

wow a you really think a gap is better nudies??
post #102 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye View Post
when i tried them on they were pretty tight, and i only sized down.

Thanks. I will probably go back and try them on.
post #103 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Tried on the standard (in size I normally wear at gap) and liked them a lot...don't know if they shrink though.

where are you located?

2 or 3 weeks ago i was in the philly flagship store and they only carried the low-rise straights, but i can't cram into them. standards would be perfect. i called all around, and even emailed for shits and giggles, and gap told me they weren't in any stores, online only.

thanks
post #104 of 1606
leg opening on skinny? leg opening on straight?
post #105 of 1606
yeah, the gap selvedge jeans look pretty good.....before the first wash.

After that it just fades into ugliness
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New gap denim