or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New gap denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New gap denim - Page 39

post #571 of 1618
where are you guys getting these coupons?
post #572 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by obeserabbit View Post
where are you guys getting these coupons?

Gap has been coupon crazy lately. There were 25% off new jeans coupons being handed out in store, as well as 40% off one item coupons. If you have the Gap credit card, they also sent out 25% off coupons for the first week of Sept. Sometimes they will also give out 20% off coupons if you take an on-line survey.
post #573 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post
I dont't think *most* stores have these. I've seen them in the bigger stores in NYC, but the smaller stores in NYC and NJ don't have them...if that helps at all.

Do you think the stores that do have them will be able to ship me a pair if I call the store?
post #574 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman08 View Post
Do you think the stores that do have them will be able to ship me a pair if I call the store?

Only Flagship stores have the selvage. It looks like right now all the Rigid (Raw) selvage is in store only.

Yes they will ship them. However I believe policy is that you call from another store. Some stores stick to this and some don't.

The easiest thing to do is call 800-Gap-Style and tell them you want to find a specific pair of jeans IN-STORE and have them put you in contact with the store. If Gap.com has the pair you want you can always just buy them online.

Shipping is 6 bucks from the store.
post #575 of 1618
So which are the slimmest in-store available jeans?
post #576 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
Only Flagship stores have the selvage. It looks like right now all the Rigid (Raw) selvage is in store only.

Yes they will ship them. However I believe policy is that you call from another store. Some stores stick to this and some don't.

The easiest thing to do is call 800-Gap-Style and tell them you want to find a specific pair of jeans IN-STORE and have them put you in contact with the store. If Gap.com has the pair you want you can always just buy them online.

Shipping is 6 bucks from the store.

So are these $88? Will they honor a coupon over the phone?
post #577 of 1618
i just can't stop thinking about the heinously fit gap "long 'n leans" i had in high school, and how i thought they were hot, and how wrong i was, and how i haven't trusted gap denim since.

i just can't.
post #578 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgirl View Post
i just can't stop thinking about the heinously fit gap "long 'n leans" i had in high school, and how i thought they were hot, and how wrong i was, and how i haven't trusted gap denim since. i just can't.
For women, the Always Skinny and Real Straight are actually good cuts. Nothing like the Long and Lean, which still exists, unfortunately... How many bootcut/flare cuts do we have now? 4?
post #579 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
So which are the slimmest in-store available jeans?
In order of decreasing slimness (or increasing relaxation, whichever you prefer):

Skinny
Straight / Authentic
Standard
Easy
Loose

I didn't include the Boot because it flares at the hem, but it is "slim" through the leg. I wouldn't know, I've never tried it on. I hate bootcut jeans.
post #580 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgirl View Post
i just can't stop thinking about the heinously fit gap "long 'n leans" i had in high school, and how i thought they were hot, and how wrong i was, and how i haven't trusted gap denim since.

i just can't.

That is entirely your fault for wearing mom jeans in high school. Old L+L was absolutely a mom jean. A decent mom jean but jesus...a 17 year old wearing them with that stupid hem at the bottom...VOMIT.

Long and lean is completely recut and is the same in name only for the most part but is still the jean for 30+ women. It looks pretty good on your average size 8 mom but it's still not a jean for women with decent figures not looking to hide a muffin top.

The always skinny and sexy boot are great cuts IMO. My GF wears both and she does so after having both Current Elliot and J Brand in her line up. I LOVE Current/Elliot but at 1/3rd the cost, the Gap jeans compete easily.

My GF also now has 3 pair of Gap boyfriend jeans. She returned her J crew selvage BFs to buy another pair of the exact same BFs she already has.
post #581 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
That is entirely your fault for wearing mom jeans in high school. Old L+L was absolutely a mom jean. A decent mom jean but jesus...a 17 year old wearing them with that stupid hem at the bottom...VOMIT.

Long and lean is completely recut and is the same in name only for the most part but is still the jean for 30+ women. It looks pretty good on your average size 8 mom but it's still not a jean for women with decent figures not looking to hide a muffin top.

The always skinny and sexy boot are great cuts IMO. My GF wears both and she does so after having both Current Elliot and J Brand in her line up. I LOVE Current/Elliot but at 1/3rd the cost, the Gap jeans compete easily.

My GF also now has 3 pair of Gap boyfriend jeans. She returned her J crew selvage BFs to buy another pair of the exact same BFs she already has.

yea, i also wore bulky sweatshirts with cats playing with yarn on them. i guess i took mom chic to a whole new level.

i think it seemed like the gap didn't have a lot of other good options at the time. i should check out the new ones. the skinnies with distressing look surprisingly good.
post #582 of 1618
I dropped off the rrls I came to ny with to get hemmed and have been living in my gap skinnies for the past 2 days. Today I met up with mauro before the spurr presentation and he told me "those are breaking in nicely." mauro. complimenting. I rest my case.
post #583 of 1618
I Like it
post #584 of 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite View Post
I dropped off the rrls I came to ny with to get hemmed and have been living in my gap skinnies for the past 2 days. Today I met up with mauro before the spurr presentation and he told me "those are breaking in nicely."

mauro. complimenting. I rest my case.

post some pics, how'd you size them btw?
post #585 of 1618
So a couple weeks back i picked up the authentic buckle back selvage 34x32 because thats the only rigid selvage they had in my size (used my 40% off coupon). And about a week ago i picked up two free gap jean coupons from a dude for 15 each (the coupons were for a giveaway where you could win jeans, or money, etc).

Went back to gap today and picked up two more rigid selvages in 34x32.. i gotta say - love the straight fit. The authentic is nice because it really does mirror the 501 fit a lot and its real comfy, but the straight fit is a lil more fitting and less baggy so to speak (not that the authentic cut is baggy at all, just compared to one other).

I also noticed that with my buckleback authentics they have a selvage line on top of the back pockets as well as the rear belt loop, however the non-buckleback authentics only have one line across the back pocket like regular gap denim and the non-buckleback straights (not sure if they do have buckleback in straight..?) have no back pocket design (which i prefer). I'm excited to see how these jeans turn out, probably going to put the new authentic pickup in the closet and wear in on the other two pairs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New gap denim