Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on 8/16/15 at 5:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New gap denim - Page 107post #1591 of 162011/5/13 at 8:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1592 of 162011/11/13 at 7:34ami do believe GAP is vanity sized, at least 1 or 2 sizes if i had to guess.
i wear 32 in Levi's (511,514) and those always fit TTS ,imo. The sale denim they have is not Japanese. It is stamped Bangladesh.
i returned the 31's and went with a 30 instead. the waist was the snug but it stretched relatively quick, about 1 hour of wear. i probably could have gone as low as 29 and been fine. I am referring to the straight fit. The slim fit definitely feels TTS.post #1593 of 162011/11/13 at 7:58am
That seems about accurate.
I am wearing my slims today, and after a light misting and drying, they are snug at the waist again.
My one complaint - and for the $20.00 I paid for these jeans I should not complain - is that they stretch out faster in the waist than any denim I have even worn.
That's my fault though as I should have purchased another waist size down and they would be perfect.
If I ever buy another pair, I will definitely size down in the waist more than usual to allow for stretching.
But like I said, at $20.00 on sale it was a no brainer.post #1594 of 162011/26/13 at 6:19amI just bought a pair of the Slim raw japanese selvedge denim like 2 days ago. Though they fit great in the legs they have kind of stretched out in the waist by an inch or two. i bought 32x30, should i return them and get a 31x30? or will they ever shrink in the waist again when i eventually wash them?post #1595 of 162011/26/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by axedatta
I just bought a pair of the Slim raw japanese selvedge denim like 2 days ago. Though they fit great in the legs they have kind of stretched out in the waist by an inch or two. i bought 32x30, should i return them and get a 31x30? or will they ever shrink in the waist again when i eventually wash them?
The will shrink, but stretch back out.
You are better off returning them for a pair that will stretch to accomodate your size and no larger.
If they stretched 2", you need a 30x30post #1596 of 162011/26/13 at 8:50ampost #1597 of 162011/26/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Read the back of the receipt for the store's return policy.
If you are adhereing to the rules of the policy, return them.
If not, then keep them and purchase the correct size of have the originals taken in at a tailor.
Don't cheese out and return something dishonestly.post #1598 of 162011/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #1599 of 162011/26/13 at 7:44pmpost #1600 of 162011/26/13 at 7:56pmQuote:
That's what I've been looking at recently. I'll keep an eye on the gap ones if I go out for the black friday madness. Maybe they will go lower. Nothing wrong with 2 pairs of denim. :)post #1601 of 162012/27/13 at 9:51pmHas anyone been able to buy and wash the Fall 2013 raw Japanese Denim? Does it shrink (as it says on the printed instructions inside pocket)? in terms of length/waist size?
Previous seasons may have shrank slightly in the waist, but shrinkage in the length is more for unsanforized denim.
Thanks!post #1602 of 16201/2/14 at 1:36pmpost #1603 of 16201/22/14 at 10:15amI have a skinny fit pair from few years ago and they are still my favorite jeans I ever had. I tried many other jean brands from apc to ironheart, etc, but the gap still has the best fit for me. The current fit and denim used seem different from past models, does anyone know a similar brand of jean that has the similar fit to the skinny model?post #1604 of 16201/25/14 at 5:01pmGot some Japanese straight selvedges today for $49 as the cashier was cool and hooked it up. I was in a hurry though so I didn't try them on before buying which was a mistake, I bought my normal waist size in pants, 30", but the waist was pretty loose, I can fit 2 fingers in between the jean and my waist. I'm a bit confused on the size to get as there have been people saying the waist stretches but then the tag says the jeans will shrink a size when washed. One gap reviewer confirmed that as he said they shrank 1.5 inches in the waist, not clear if he put them in the dryer or not, I'd only hang dry.
So should if I had to choose between a pair that fit a bit tight on the waist (28") or fit just right (29") when trying them on in the dressing room, which one do you think I should opt for with these jeans? I'm not sure given the stretching/shrinkage conflict.post #1605 of 16201/26/14 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by innerstyle
Got some Japanese straight selvedges today for $49 as the cashier was cool and hooked it up. I was in a hurry though so I didn't try them on before buying which was a mistake, I bought my normal waist size in pants, 30", but the waist was pretty loose, I can fit 2 fingers in between the jean and my waist. I'm a bit confused on the size to get as there have been people saying the waist stretches but then the tag says the jeans will shrink a size when washed. One gap reviewer confirmed that as he said they shrank 1.5 inches in the waist, not clear if he put them in the dryer or not, I'd only hang dry.
So should if I had to choose between a pair that fit a bit tight on the waist (28") or fit just right (29") when trying them on in the dressing room, which one do you think I should opt for with these jeans? I'm not sure given the stretching/shrinkage conflict.
It depends on how fitted/tight you want your jeans to fit. For Straight and Slim cuts, I go 2 sizes down. For Skinny, I only gone one size down.
- New gap denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1242 Active Users (201 Members and 1041 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 24 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Grenadine ties. Who's the best? 25 minutes ago
- › Great V Cut Suit brands for a regular guy - Opinions 26 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 29 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015