Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New gap denim - Page 105
Styleforum Top Picks
I have a pair of the Gap Original fit, and Skinny fit Raw selvage denim, and they both fit great! I like the quality and look forward to seeing how they fade. I also went to Banana Republic yesterday and looked at their Heritage line (I have two pairs of denim from the line) neither are sold online for some reason and the quality is amazing. I am an employee of Gap so I shop there to much haha. I am not biased though, I own a pair of selvage pants from J Crew, and own 3 pairs of Levis. (I own way to much denim) I am new to this forum so, hi.
I plan on posting pictures of the gap denim I own just to show how well they fit, and also I'm going to post a picture of my new favorite pair of jeans which are the Heritage slim straight raw selvage indigo denim from Banana Republic. They aren't sold online, but they fit slimmer than my Gap raw selvage skinny jeans, they are a bit darker and the quality and thickness of the denim is better. I cannot wait to see how these fade, I just got into raw denim this year so I have never had the joy of fading a pair.
Im thinking about getting these jeans: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53599&vid=1&pid=317147002
They're the skinny fit, resin wash selvedge. I just wanted to make sure that they're not raw and that there will not be much stretching or shrinking as a result.
They are raw, sadly.
According to the description-
"Fabrication: Elevated jeans, made of premium denim in a rigid raw selvage."
Gap's use of raw does not equate to SF's use (as in the connotation that it's unsanforized). They may be "raw" but you won't have any sizing issues. If they did, Gap would have a return-fest on their hands and they can't afford that.
They changed their supplier on the selvedge denim, moving it to Bangladesh. Unfortunately the quality has gone down quite a bit. They never really break in and continue to look like they day I first bought them. No creases, no natural wrinkles. They also stretch out a lot after a few times wearing them. I was pretty disappointed in the overall look and quality. I won't be buying them again which is frustrating because I liked the fit quite a bit. I did get a pair of the white denim in a different fabric but the same fit and have liked them a lot. Hopefully they can improve the quality.
Seattle flagship had Skinny, Original, and the new "Slim" cuts in the new selvedge. No Straight cuts in Selvedge, so I didn't make a purchase. They were having an in-store-only Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all 1969 denim.
Here are a few photos and things to know.
GAP appears to be sizing the inseam by taking the "selvedge cuff" into account (!!!). This is a picture of a 30" selvedge next to a 30" non-selvedge GAP jean in the store. I did my best to line the waists up (off camera). As you can see, the selvedge jeans are 1-2 inches longer due to the fold!
I wear my jeans without the roll-up, so it looks like I need to order a pair marked 28? My usual 30" inseam was noticably too long. Does this match anyone else's experience with these?
The new selvedge does not have rivet reinforced pocket corners. They were hidden, but there, in the old version of this jean.
Weird rivets and waist button. Step back in my opinion, not as classic of a look.
Pockets are nice and flat again, no fake "fold" in the middle.
6 months later...
Still, a pretty good snag when they're half off.
It looks to be a of a good weight, a bit slubby, and the inside care tag says it may shrink up to one size...which makes me wonder if it's unsanforized?
In addition to the raw, there's also 2-3 other washes and a raw denim jacket.
Interesting. Here are the "1969 Japanese selvedge straight fit jeans":
They look pretty much the same as the non-"Japanese" selvedge straight of this style.
When this line came out, circa 2009 or so, they were called "Japanese selvedge" as well. They lost that a year or so later. I wonder if this is simply a rebrand of the current selvedge?
In other news, the non-Japanese jeans of the same style are on sale for $50. Clearing out stock?
When you say different, is it different better or just different?
- New gap denim
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 1 minute ago
- › cheap tailor 1 minute ago
- › ((HD)).BESIKTAS BJK BALIKESIR MACI IZLE CANLI SEYRET 2 minutes ago
- › I can't find these shoes again 2 minutes ago
- › The Contentedness thread 2 minutes ago
- › S.N.S. HERNING MOMENT SWEATER SIZE S 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › final GOLF>>>The Honda Classic Live 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...