Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on 11/15/15 at 11:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New gap denim - Page 105post #1561 of 162311/23/12 at 11:53pmSo i bought a pair of skinny selvage about 2 years ago...the fades are amazing (will post pics later), but unfortunately the crotch finally gave out. Ordered another pair just this week in the same size, however the fit is COMPLETELY different. Inseam longer, rise higher with an extra button, and thighs are loose as heck. Does anyone know why they changed the fit so much? And where to get the old fit?
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1562 of 162311/28/12 at 5:15pmpost #1563 of 162312/22/12 at 12:42am
I have a pair of the Gap Original fit, and Skinny fit Raw selvage denim, and they both fit great! I like the quality and look forward to seeing how they fade. I also went to Banana Republic yesterday and looked at their Heritage line (I have two pairs of denim from the line) neither are sold online for some reason and the quality is amazing. I am an employee of Gap so I shop there to much haha. I am not biased though, I own a pair of selvage pants from J Crew, and own 3 pairs of Levis. (I own way to much denim) I am new to this forum so, hi.
I plan on posting pictures of the gap denim I own just to show how well they fit, and also I'm going to post a picture of my new favorite pair of jeans which are the Heritage slim straight raw selvage indigo denim from Banana Republic. They aren't sold online, but they fit slimmer than my Gap raw selvage skinny jeans, they are a bit darker and the quality and thickness of the denim is better. I cannot wait to see how these fade, I just got into raw denim this year so I have never had the joy of fading a pair.post #1564 of 162312/23/12 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by IYACDNB
Im thinking about getting these jeans: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53599&vid=1&pid=317147002
They're the skinny fit, resin wash selvedge. I just wanted to make sure that they're not raw and that there will not be much stretching or shrinking as a result.
They are raw, sadly.
According to the description-
"Fabrication: Elevated jeans, made of premium denim in a rigid raw selvage."post #1565 of 162312/27/12 at 9:49amQuote:
Gap's use of raw does not equate to SF's use (as in the connotation that it's unsanforized). They may be "raw" but you won't have any sizing issues. If they did, Gap would have a return-fest on their hands and they can't afford that.post #1566 of 16231/13/13 at 3:39pmpost #1567 of 16232/14/13 at 11:37am
They changed their supplier on the selvedge denim, moving it to Bangladesh. Unfortunately the quality has gone down quite a bit. They never really break in and continue to look like they day I first bought them. No creases, no natural wrinkles. They also stretch out a lot after a few times wearing them. I was pretty disappointed in the overall look and quality. I won't be buying them again which is frustrating because I liked the fit quite a bit. I did get a pair of the white denim in a different fabric but the same fit and have liked them a lot. Hopefully they can improve the quality.post #1568 of 16233/27/13 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by cksubs
Seattle flagship had Skinny, Original, and the new "Slim" cuts in the new selvedge. No Straight cuts in Selvedge, so I didn't make a purchase. They were having an in-store-only Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all 1969 denim.
Here are a few photos and things to know.
GAP appears to be sizing the inseam by taking the "selvedge cuff" into account (!!!). This is a picture of a 30" selvedge next to a 30" non-selvedge GAP jean in the store. I did my best to line the waists up (off camera). As you can see, the selvedge jeans are 1-2 inches longer due to the fold!
I wear my jeans without the roll-up, so it looks like I need to order a pair marked 28? My usual 30" inseam was noticably too long. Does this match anyone else's experience with these?
The new selvedge does not have rivet reinforced pocket corners. They were hidden, but there, in the old version of this jean.
Weird rivets and waist button. Step back in my opinion, not as classic of a look.
Pockets are nice and flat again, no fake "fold" in the middle.
6 months later...post #1569 of 16233/28/13 at 12:17amTheir selvage is stepping back up a bit after really dipping in quality and construction over the last few years. Recently saw and tried on a really great fitting "Straight" selvage jean, and while the denim feels good again, still lacking back pocket rivets, and the fly buttons don't feel as sturdy as the good stuff of 4 years ago or so.
Still, a pretty good snag when they're half off.post #1570 of 16235/15/13 at 10:39ampost #1571 of 162310/24/13 at 5:12amHas anyone tried F/W 2013's new Japanese Selvage denim?
It looks to be a of a good weight, a bit slubby, and the inside care tag says it may shrink up to one size...which makes me wonder if it's unsanforized?
In addition to the raw, there's also 2-3 other washes and a raw denim jacket.
Thoughts?post #1572 of 162310/24/13 at 10:14am
Interesting. Here are the "1969 Japanese selvedge straight fit jeans":
They look pretty much the same as the non-"Japanese" selvedge straight of this style.
When this line came out, circa 2009 or so, they were called "Japanese selvedge" as well. They lost that a year or so later. I wonder if this is simply a rebrand of the current selvedge?
In other news, the non-Japanese jeans of the same style are on sale for $50. Clearing out stock?post #1573 of 162310/24/13 at 12:04pmpost #1574 of 162310/24/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
When you say different, is it different better or just different?
- New gap denim
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Porn: Norvegese, Bentivegna, Goyser, BIG Stitch & BIG Welts ONLY! 6 minutes ago
- › Schott 641HH Size 38 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Can Anyone Identify the Maker of these Norvegese Shoes for Gruppo... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories