Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on Yesterday at 9:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New gap denim - Page 104post #1546 of 16189/10/12 at 9:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1547 of 16189/18/12 at 1:48pmpost #1548 of 16189/19/12 at 6:44pm
Seattle flagship had Skinny, Original, and the new "Slim" cuts in the new selvedge. No Straight cuts in Selvedge, so I didn't make a purchase. They were having an in-store-only Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all 1969 denim.
Here are a few photos and things to know.
GAP appears to be sizing the inseam by taking the "selvedge cuff" into account (!!!). This is a picture of a 30" selvedge next to a 30" non-selvedge GAP jean in the store. I did my best to line the waists up (off camera). As you can see, the selvedge jeans are 1-2 inches longer due to the fold!
I wear my jeans without the roll-up, so it looks like I need to order a pair marked 28? My usual 30" inseam was noticably too long. Does this match anyone else's experience with these?
The new selvedge does not have rivet reinforced pocket corners. They were hidden, but there, in the old version of this jean.
Weird rivets and waist button. Step back in my opinion, not as classic of a look.
Pockets are nice and flat again, no fake "fold" in the middle.post #1549 of 16189/29/12 at 9:30ampost #1550 of 16189/29/12 at 3:31pmpost #1551 of 161810/1/12 at 10:30pmI stopped by Gap to check out the GQ collection (which was pretty meh). But I did notice they now have slim raw selvedge.
It's really nice, even at retail. I tried +1 from my NS and it fits really similar. Maybe just a tad less slim but the leg taper is also very similar. Denim and stitching feels solid. Patch isn't obnoxious and can be removed. No branding otherwise except rivets and inside of waist. Hardware seems pretty good too although plain. Looks like a really good deal for the price. If I can get a reasonable sale code it I'll probably kop because I don't really care much $200+ denim.
cksubs, your pics are interesting. My store didn't have a sticker pointing out the selvedge line, although they keep them cuffed for display. Gap must be once again be trying to get selvedge out to the unwashed masses. I did notice that inseam size accounts for a single cuff, which is also interesting. I would probably go with my true inseam just to get some minimal stacking and be able to cuff once or twice when I want to.post #1552 of 161810/5/12 at 2:53pm
Confirmed: size down 2" in the inseam if you plan on wearing the new selvedge without a cuff.
The 30x28 jeans I just ordered online are almost the exact same size as my 30x30 previous version of this jean.
This is really annoying, because I haven't seen anything shorter than (marked) 30" inseam in stores. So you'll have to order online for (true) 30" or shorter.
Has anyone seen the "Straight" fit in store? I've only seen Skinny/Slim/Original.post #1553 of 161810/5/12 at 3:22pmpost #1554 of 161810/5/12 at 3:29pm
Can't have been true before, because my 30x30 (old) is the exact same size/cut as my 30x28 (new). Waist has always had a vanity size I know.
Note I'm referring to the 2008-2010 or so jeans, not the more recent "shitty quality" denim that GAP had for a year or so. That may have had the longer-than-marked inseam.post #1555 of 161810/6/12 at 4:59ampost #1556 of 161810/13/12 at 9:05pmpost #1557 of 161810/13/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Just wear them without washing. The bleeding on mine wasn't terrible... don't wear white shoes or sit on light couches. You'll be fine. The'll definitely stretch with wear.post #1558 of 161810/14/12 at 1:57pm
Im thinking about getting these jeans: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53599&vid=1&pid=317147002
They're the skinny fit, resin wash selvedge. I just wanted to make sure that they're not raw and that there will not be much stretching or shrinking as a result.
Thankspost #1559 of 161810/14/12 at 2:31pm
- New gap denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ToJ Fishtail S | SS Chandler IV | SS Double Alpaca Jacket IV 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...