Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on 3/3/15 at 6:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New gap denim - Page 104
Styleforum Top Picks
Seattle flagship had Skinny, Original, and the new "Slim" cuts in the new selvedge. No Straight cuts in Selvedge, so I didn't make a purchase. They were having an in-store-only Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all 1969 denim.
Here are a few photos and things to know.
GAP appears to be sizing the inseam by taking the "selvedge cuff" into account (!!!). This is a picture of a 30" selvedge next to a 30" non-selvedge GAP jean in the store. I did my best to line the waists up (off camera). As you can see, the selvedge jeans are 1-2 inches longer due to the fold!
I wear my jeans without the roll-up, so it looks like I need to order a pair marked 28? My usual 30" inseam was noticably too long. Does this match anyone else's experience with these?
The new selvedge does not have rivet reinforced pocket corners. They were hidden, but there, in the old version of this jean.
Weird rivets and waist button. Step back in my opinion, not as classic of a look.
Pockets are nice and flat again, no fake "fold" in the middle.
It's really nice, even at retail. I tried +1 from my NS and it fits really similar. Maybe just a tad less slim but the leg taper is also very similar. Denim and stitching feels solid. Patch isn't obnoxious and can be removed. No branding otherwise except rivets and inside of waist. Hardware seems pretty good too although plain. Looks like a really good deal for the price. If I can get a reasonable sale code it I'll probably kop because I don't really care much $200+ denim.
cksubs, your pics are interesting. My store didn't have a sticker pointing out the selvedge line, although they keep them cuffed for display. Gap must be once again be trying to get selvedge out to the unwashed masses. I did notice that inseam size accounts for a single cuff, which is also interesting. I would probably go with my true inseam just to get some minimal stacking and be able to cuff once or twice when I want to.
Confirmed: size down 2" in the inseam if you plan on wearing the new selvedge without a cuff.
The 30x28 jeans I just ordered online are almost the exact same size as my 30x30 previous version of this jean.
This is really annoying, because I haven't seen anything shorter than (marked) 30" inseam in stores. So you'll have to order online for (true) 30" or shorter.
Has anyone seen the "Straight" fit in store? I've only seen Skinny/Slim/Original.
Can't have been true before, because my 30x30 (old) is the exact same size/cut as my 30x28 (new). Waist has always had a vanity size I know.
Note I'm referring to the 2008-2010 or so jeans, not the more recent "shitty quality" denim that GAP had for a year or so. That may have had the longer-than-marked inseam.
Just wear them without washing. The bleeding on mine wasn't terrible... don't wear white shoes or sit on light couches. You'll be fine. The'll definitely stretch with wear.
Im thinking about getting these jeans: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53599&vid=1&pid=317147002
They're the skinny fit, resin wash selvedge. I just wanted to make sure that they're not raw and that there will not be much stretching or shrinking as a result.
- New gap denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Briefcase porn thread 22 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 28 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 30 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 34 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...