Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
New gap denim - Page 104post #1546 of 16239/10/12 at 9:29ampost #1547 of 16239/18/12 at 1:48pmpost #1548 of 16239/19/12 at 6:44pm
Seattle flagship had Skinny, Original, and the new "Slim" cuts in the new selvedge. No Straight cuts in Selvedge, so I didn't make a purchase. They were having an in-store-only Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on all 1969 denim.
Here are a few photos and things to know.
GAP appears to be sizing the inseam by taking the "selvedge cuff" into account (!!!). This is a picture of a 30" selvedge next to a 30" non-selvedge GAP jean in the store. I did my best to line the waists up (off camera). As you can see, the selvedge jeans are 1-2 inches longer due to the fold!
I wear my jeans without the roll-up, so it looks like I need to order a pair marked 28? My usual 30" inseam was noticably too long. Does this match anyone else's experience with these?
The new selvedge does not have rivet reinforced pocket corners. They were hidden, but there, in the old version of this jean.
Weird rivets and waist button. Step back in my opinion, not as classic of a look.
Pockets are nice and flat again, no fake "fold" in the middle.post #1549 of 16239/29/12 at 9:30ampost #1550 of 16239/29/12 at 3:31pmpost #1551 of 162310/1/12 at 10:30pmI stopped by Gap to check out the GQ collection (which was pretty meh). But I did notice they now have slim raw selvedge.
It's really nice, even at retail. I tried +1 from my NS and it fits really similar. Maybe just a tad less slim but the leg taper is also very similar. Denim and stitching feels solid. Patch isn't obnoxious and can be removed. No branding otherwise except rivets and inside of waist. Hardware seems pretty good too although plain. Looks like a really good deal for the price. If I can get a reasonable sale code it I'll probably kop because I don't really care much $200+ denim.
cksubs, your pics are interesting. My store didn't have a sticker pointing out the selvedge line, although they keep them cuffed for display. Gap must be once again be trying to get selvedge out to the unwashed masses. I did notice that inseam size accounts for a single cuff, which is also interesting. I would probably go with my true inseam just to get some minimal stacking and be able to cuff once or twice when I want to.post #1552 of 162310/5/12 at 2:53pm
Confirmed: size down 2" in the inseam if you plan on wearing the new selvedge without a cuff.
The 30x28 jeans I just ordered online are almost the exact same size as my 30x30 previous version of this jean.
This is really annoying, because I haven't seen anything shorter than (marked) 30" inseam in stores. So you'll have to order online for (true) 30" or shorter.
Has anyone seen the "Straight" fit in store? I've only seen Skinny/Slim/Original.post #1553 of 162310/5/12 at 3:22pmpost #1554 of 162310/5/12 at 3:29pm
Can't have been true before, because my 30x30 (old) is the exact same size/cut as my 30x28 (new). Waist has always had a vanity size I know.
Note I'm referring to the 2008-2010 or so jeans, not the more recent "shitty quality" denim that GAP had for a year or so. That may have had the longer-than-marked inseam.post #1555 of 162310/6/12 at 4:59ampost #1556 of 162310/13/12 at 9:05pmpost #1557 of 162310/13/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Just wear them without washing. The bleeding on mine wasn't terrible... don't wear white shoes or sit on light couches. You'll be fine. The'll definitely stretch with wear.post #1558 of 162310/14/12 at 1:57pm
Im thinking about getting these jeans: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53599&vid=1&pid=317147002
They're the skinny fit, resin wash selvedge. I just wanted to make sure that they're not raw and that there will not be much stretching or shrinking as a result.
Thankspost #1559 of 162310/14/12 at 2:31pmpost #1560 of 162310/28/12 at 7:26am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 31 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 5 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...